Chapter 28: Fight for myself

JB POV:

We are so close, so close to approximately getting her location and then we can raid Jackson's house and kill him before saving Maze and giving her the world afterworlds. Should I get my hopes up? I keep getting my hopes up but then I end up getting disappointed at this rate I wonder if I will ever see her again. My job is to protect her as the only person in her life who truly cares for her and now I'm failing her, I can't fail her no more. Once we get our hands on her I'll figure some sort of visitation arrangement with Taehyung where he can have her on weekends and I have her on weekdays. I'll take her away from her parents, help her pursue her career in writing and most importantly help her get over Namjoon. This tracking device is our last chance after this Maze will be home safe with us.

"I lost signal" Taehyung's tech guy announces causing us all to turn and face him with our eyes wide open. Even Taehyung looks at him as if he is going to kill him and because of that I can conclude that he is actually being serious and not trying to have a funny joke right now.

"Excuse me? Do you want to repeat that?" I question him still in shock hoping praying that I either misheard him or he said the wrong words. I can feel my hands tightening and my jaw clenching into a tight grip, thank God Mark took my gun otherwise this tech guy would be a dead man.

"I don't necessarily want to repeat it because you might kill me but we lost signal" he answers making me scoff automatically. I pause for a moment and absorb the atmosphere, I can feel everyone's eyes on me waiting for me to explode or to strangle this man to death but I just fall into my seat distressed. At this point I'm not longer surprised at how we keep on failing.

"How?! I thought you said you were the best of the best" Mark lashes out throwing his arms up in the air. I don't say anything I just lean my head on the desk and sigh, whereas Mark on the other hand looks like he's about to kill someone.

"I am, but in order for me to be able to track someone I need the tracking device to be on" the tech guy explains and they listen except for me I just begin to think about whether there will be a day where I can actually save her and make her mine permanently without Taehyung being in the way.

"That doesn't make any sense how is it all of a sudden off?" Taehyung questions with his hands firmly on his waist and with his eyebrows furrowed. I don't think you understand how much it annoys me that this guy actually has a part in Maze's life.

"Someone found it" the tech guy answers making me sit up straight and glare at Taehyung, how could he place a tracking device in such an obvious place?

"Impossible, I engraved it in her neck-"

"You slit her throat!?" I cut him off and get up from my seat before kicking my chair backwards pissed off at this Gucci boy for harming my Maze! And he says he cares for her, bullshit!

"At what point did those words leave my mouth? I said I engraved it when she was asleep" Taehyung defends himself but I'm not listening, in my eyes whatever this guy says is wrong and is because he hates and want to hurt Maze not because he cares.

"That means she's in even more danger" Mark announces as he begins to rub his forehead. Should I be worried about how he is worried?

"Nah Jackson won't harm her" Taehyung confidently answers making me sigh. Should I be happy that he won't harm her or should I kill a man because he's gotten attached to her?

"We might not have an approximate location but we have a location" the tech guy finally speaks up after typing away at his laptop whilst us lot argued. He turns to face us all and fixes his glasses before standing up with a proud look on his face.

"What do you mean?" I ask him filled with curiosity.

"Before we lost signal I located the whereabouts and she's in Kent by the countryside" he states and all of a sudden my muscles have relaxed and by the small smile on Taehyung's face I can tell that he too has relaxed. But I won't get too excited, these things never end well.