Chapter 49: Rooftop

Maze POV:

It's been a week since JB came to the clinic and he hasn't come back since then. I guess it was too much for him to be around me, I do really hope that the boys help him to move on since I wasn't able to. I'm still shook from seeing him and knowing that he is struggling but I cant do anything about that now, I have to move on since I'm getting married. I have to think about my fiancee and our family that we are starting  because I know for a fact that Mr. Romano wants us to start popping out babies the moment we are married. I dunno why he's so obsessed with having grandchildren, I guess it's an Italian thing to be obsessed with family.

"Babe are you going into work today?" Miles asks me catching me off guard. I begin to pour my cereal into my bowl before adding milk not bothered to cook a full breakfast. I watch him as he flips through some of his papers with his glasses on looking really stressed out. Wow I guess this new restaurant is really bad for business. Knowing the Romanos they always want to be on top so they must be stressed.

"Er yeah I have an appointment with Freddie well that's if he shows up" I answer him before eating a mouth full of cereal. He sighs as he looks at his watch then takes a sip of his coffee. Today is Friday and we all know that Fridays are the only days that Jimin agrees to see me. He doesn't give me a heads up or anything instead he just shows and I just have ho trust that he'll show up today.

"Freddie is a good guy I dont understand why you worry about him so much" he says out of nowhere catching me off guard. He's never questioned me on my dedication to help out Jimin so why is he bothered now? Jimin and Miles know each other because I used to invite him for dinner but now he's stopped coming but he still goes for a drink with Miles from time to time.

"Because he makes me worry" I answer him with my m arms folded across my chest. "Anyways why are you asking? Do you need something?" I ask him confused to why he's curious about whether I'm going to work or not even when he knows I work every day.

"Yeah papa wants us to stop by that Thai restaurant and have lunch with the owner" he tells me as he looks up at me and takes his glasses off waiting for me to say something but what does he want me to say?

"Why do I have to come?" I ask him not seeing where I come into this plan of his.

"To represent how we are a family business you know intimidate them into thinking they are weaker than us" he responds leaving me confused. Maybe its because I'm not business minded but im pretty sure that people don't find familys intimidating but I ain't gonna say anything otherwise he"ll call me a hater.

"Ok I'll come, good thing I like Thai" I finally answer him with a smile on my face. If going him to this restaurant means he'll be in the good books with his dad then I'll tag along. I know how strict his dad is on him and how much he wants to prove to him he can do it.

"But not as much as you like Italian right?" He asks me and I give him a smirk seeing how annoyed he is getting. I pick up my hand bag and pick up an apple from the fruit bowl before biting into it as he watches me waiting for my answer.

"Oh well will you look at the time I gotta go" I pretend to look at my watch which I dont have before heading out the door. I get into my car, the car that Miles got me for my birthday and I begin to drive to work. Fridays are usually quiet I only have to see Jimin then that's it orndo paper work but I've already done it all. Once I arrive at work I park my car and head towards my office.

"Hi Lyon" I greet Lyon as soon as I see him. He smiles at me as he waves at me with that warm look in his eyes. He's such a nice guy.

"Hey have you heard from JB?" He asks me catching me off guard.