Chapter 24: Rescue me

JB POV:

Trusting Jackson is as good as trusting a snake because seriously this guy is no good. I didn't trust Hoseok after what he did and same with Jimin but with Jackson I never trusted him from the first day we met. He was always acting out, acting fishy and secretive, he was never really part of the group and I could tell this just from the first couple months of being friends with him. The boys never suspected a thing because they'd known Jackson longer than I did but for some reason I just felt on edge whenever I was near him. My suspicions were made clear on the day GD tried to kill us, what the boys don't know is GD wasn't alone in that room with that woman, that Jackson was in there too. He knew what GD was up to and he knew that our lives were in danger but he did nothing which is why I call him our greatest betrayal. The boys think he's our greatest betrayal because he left and I let them think that all these years because it'd crush them to discover the truth.

"You believe him?" I face and ask Jinyoung since he is the one who brought this imbecile into the house without my consent but whatever, everyone be doing their own things nowadays.

"What other choice do we have JB? You clearly haven't been the same and Jackson is our only lead right now" Jinyoung answers and as much as I hate to admit that he is right, he is right but I just don't trust Jackson just the look on this guys face screams don't trust me I'll stab you in the back.

"Why would I lie to you about Maze? I knew how important she was to you" Jackson says looking at me with his eyebrows furrowed making me sigh. He's right, he knew how important Maze was to me and used to mock me about it but why all of a sudden is he caring?

"Is important" I correct him.

"I know that you don't trust me and believe me I wouldn't trust me either but mate you won't believe what I've-"

"I'm sorry but I can't take this guy seriously" I cut him off and begin to laugh. I'm sorry but he's serious face was just too funny, serious and Jackson Wang just doesn't mix very well. I look at the other boys and they don't seem as amused as I am.

"JB come on man pattern up" Mark scolds me making me scoff, he can't be seriously falling for this fools antics now can he? Great now I look like the bad guy.

"Why do you care huh? How does this benefit you because Jackson I don't see how you get anything out of this" I question him trying my best to see what angle he's coming from. Does he want money? Does he want a business deal? Drugs? A house? What could he possibly want that he already doesn't have?

"I know man I'm selfish but seeing Maze brought back memories and believe it or not I felt like I owed it to her, to you that I helped" he explains and I can't lie he looks genuine, he looks like he wants to change that he wants to do the right thing but that's the thing he looks like doesn't mean he will actually do those things.

"You're right I don't believe you" I shrug my shoulders then fall onto a chair making all the boys roll their eyes at me.

"How did you know she was missing anyways?" Yugyeom asks Jackson making me sit up so I can hear his answer. It's nice to know that I am not the only person that finds all of this suspicious.

"I didn't, I just saw her and instantly recognised her" he answers as he casually shrugs his shoulders. Of course he has an answer for everything.

"Fine then, where is she?" I ask him finally giving into his story but that doesn't necessarily mean that I trust or believe him, it means I'll do anything to get Maze back.

"She's with Taehyung, she's like his little pet or something and she goes by the name Seoul now" he explains and my heart drops. Seoul? Sounds like something Taehyung would name her, he likes to name his girls after famous cities but he's never named one of them Seoul before because it seemed too pure for him, well I guess his taken a liking to Maze and that sucks.