Chapter 53: Me

Maze POV:

I stand there frozen, not knowing what to do nor what to say. I look down at JB all tied up and covered in blood, his right eye is swollen shut and his lip is busted with blood drooling out of his mouth. How could this of happened? Seeing him this hurt, this much in pain and it's all because of me I caused this. How did we end up to this? I should've ran away with him when he first offered me but now look he's in my living room with my fiance and future father in law threatening his life. How could they do this? I've never seen this side of Miles and his father before. How could they do this to him? How could they do this to me?

"So Maze, are you surprised?" Miles asks me bringing me back to reality. So this is all real, this is actually happening to me right now. I look up at Miles and he has a big smile on his face with his arms folded across his chest, he looks so pleased, so cocky, so superior that I start to rethink everything. How does he know my name? Has he known this whole time? I'm trying to think but my thoughts are all muddled up I can't think straight.

"I er I I-"

"So not like you to be lost of words" Miles cuts me off and says as he walks up to JB with a smirk on his face causing me to begin to panic. What is he going to do? "Is it because we got your little boyfriend all tied up?" He questions me as he grabs hold of JBs hair and pulls it causing him to pull his head backwards making JB shriek in pain.

"Stop stop please just stop" I beg as I try to rush over to JB to push Miles away from him but two of his men grab me and hold me back forcing me to begin to kick my legs in frustration. They pin me down and one of them slaps me across the face causing me to have tears in my eyes. Can you blame me? Its been a while since I last got abused.

"What did you think you could just leave me like that? After everything I've done for you?" Miles exclaims catching me off guard. He marches towards me and places his hand across my neck as he begins to choke me. I know I said I wanted Miles to be more aggressive but this isn't what I had in mind.

"Miles it's not like that, I am grateful to you but I don't love you" I try to say as I gasp for air but he doesn't let me go he continues to choke me and every second it feels like it's my last. He finally let's me go and pushes me back allowing me to breathe properly again.

"Funny did you think I loved you too?" He asks me as he begins to laugh hysterically. I glare at him confused but he just continues to laugh at me like I'm some sort of joke. Was I a joke to him this entire time? He begged me followed me around like a lost puppy, he was whipped over me but that was all fake. It can't of been.

"What?" Is all I can manage to say still in shock.

"Did you think I was in love with a criminal like you" he states catching me off guard. He knew, he knew this whole time and he used me but why? What does he gain from manipulating me? I'm no longer in the game so why did he use me? "Oh you're surprised, you didn't think I knew about your past huh?" He asks me as he mocks me with a fake frown on his face making me roll my eyes at him.

"Bless her son she must of forgotten how powerful our family is"  Mr. Romano finally speaks up after sitting down and stuffing his face with beer and nuts watching his son torment me with a solid smile on his face. I glare at him angered, he's the one who wanted me to marry his son so how can he just sit there and watch me be abused?

"Everything that has happened to you is because of my father"  Miles informs me as he puts over at Mr. Romano but I'm ready looking at him, judging him for the way he's behaving.

"You say JB has been watching you since you were a child but we've been watching you since JB took you" Mr. Romano tells me as he stands up from his seat and walks towards me with his hands in his pockets. I freeze when I finally register what he said, I mean there is no way. It can't be possible.