Chapter 20: Trusting the wrong people

Maze POV:

It's been a week since Hoseok got discharged from hospital and he's been staying at his cousin Jimin's house which I must say is pretty big. He hasn't been coming to school to teach dance so as per usual I'm alone at school but after school I go to his cousins house and we talk for hours. His cousin Jimin is very mysterious he doesn't say or do much but he still manages to make my insides turn. He's hardly around which is weird because it is his house and when he is around he goes straight upstairs and only says hi to me, it kinda upsets me because I really want to talk to him. Yugyeom doesn't pay much attention to me anymore and frankly I don't care, how can he work for a cruel man like JB? After everything Hoseok told me I just don't think I can ever look at JB and his friends the same way again, I knew they were killers but I didn't think they were heartless.

"Yo Maze I don't know what I've done to make you mad at me but I just miss my friend" Dre approaches me and says bringing me back to reality. I look at him and try to process the words that just came out of his mouth but I don't care. Every time I look at him I'm reminded of Trent his brother then I think about JB.

"Nothing I'm just anti that's all" I shrug my shoulders then get up from my seat and beginning walking away from him. I don't even feel bad for closing him out like this, I've just been betrayed too many times for me to trust someone new.

"Yeah I know that but you never anti with me" he catches up with me and smiles but I don't smile back of course I just continue walking and beginning looking for my earphones so I can just shut everybody out.

"Well now I'm anti with everyone" I coldly respond making him scoff at me and you'd think that he would've got the hint and left me alone but instead he stands in front of me looking down at me. "Listen Dre I gotta go home ok" I tell him as I walk past him.

"Lemme drop you off-"

"No I'm good" I cut him off and begin to walk towards the train station hoping that I can go and see Hoseok before it gets too dark and I have to go home. I look up to cross the road and at the corner of my eye I see a familiar red head making my heart skip a beat. It's Mark, I put my head down and begin to walk faster hoping praying that he didn't see me.

"Maze! Maze! I know you saw me why are you running away?" Mark catches up with me and grabs my arm stopping me from walking further away from him. What did he expect me to do? Run into his arms and tell him that I miss him because I don't seeing him just makes me angry.

"Mark let go of me or I'll scream" I threaten him making him scoff at me. He lets go of my arm and looks down at me with disappointment in his eyes, why is he disappointed in me I'm the one who should be disappointed in him.

"Wow it really be like that now? After everything we've done for you as well-"

"What after abandoning me and pretending I don't exist and now you wanna talk to me so what you can kill Hoseok?" I interrupt him and spit with anger, how dare he come here and act as if he cares about me when in reality he just wants to use me so he can kill my one and only friend.

"I'm gonna kill Hoseok no matter what you say but I refuse to believe that I've lost you forever" he calmly tells me with his eyebrows furrowed looking deeply into my eyes and for a weak second I actually believed him but luckily Hoseok warned me about this, he told me that they would say anything to get me back so that they can kill him.

"Well Mark you have, what you and the boys did to Hoseok and the reason for wanting him dead is ridiculous" I tell him with my arms folded. I hate the fact that I know what he is capable of doing yet there is still a part of me that just wants to run into his arms and hug him.

"Lemme guess he lied to you?" He laughs as if this is a joking matter. Of course it's all a joke to him because he doesn't seem to care about human life.