Chapter 45: New days

6 years later

Maze POV:

"Hey Nina are you free tonight?, we're having a staff party" Sarah asks me forcing me to turn around and face her. She has her big brown eyes wide open ready to hear my response making me feel bad. Sarah is a close friend of mine at work, she went to university with me and we were in the same classes so we grew really close. After we graduated we were lucky enough to land a job here at this clinic and honestly its better than  what I had imagined. I have my own office and my own clients and I help them, with all the darkness they keep in I help them through it all.

"No hun I have a client coming in this evening" I tell her with a frown on my face knowing that she'll be disappointed. She frowns in return and stomps on the ground like a toddler making me laugh at her antics. Tonight is Friday so we normally close earlier than we normally do but this week I have a special client coming in so I cant leave early.

"What no come on man its Freddie isn't it?" She questions me but I just shrug my shoulders maming her roll her eyes at me "just cancel on him just this week" she suggests with her hands together begging me to change my mind but I never leave a client behind especially one who is very important to me.

"I cant today is the only time he's free" I shrug my shoulders making her frown and pout at me. I feel bad for not going out with her knowing that I'm the only staff member she gets along with. Some people may describe Sarah as crazy or unethical in other words psycho. She basically grew up in rehab and made it her goal to help others like herself. Shes good at her job but sometimes her crazy shows.

"Ok fair enough but next time you wont have an excuse" she finally gives in and throws her work bag over he shoulder before sighing one more and turning away from me. She goes into her office allowing me to prepare for my next and last client of the week. Its really hard to see him because one I'm pretty sure he wants to avoid me and two he hates talking about his problems but at least I got him talking."Ok babes were off, make sure you lock up the office" Sarah pops her head into my office and says before waving her hand and leaving. I open up my folder that I've made for him and I sit patiently wait hoping that he hasn't forgotten.

"I hate that you make me come to these sessions" I hear a familiar voice making me smile happy to see that he did show up. He takes off his hood and gives me a warm smile making me get up from my seat and run up towards him to give him a hug. He hugs me back before pushing me aside making me laugh.

"Come on Jimin, first off you need these sessions, I'm afraid you'll kill yourself without even knowing" I scold him making him roll his eyes at me. I've been forcing him to come to these sessions ever since I got a job here, he hates it of course but he's been improving. I thought Jimin was going to leave me as soon as I got my new identity but instead he stayed with me helped me start a new life and I even managed to persuade him to start a new life here. He's finding it hard but he's getting there, I'm just happy that I'm not alone in this.

"I'm not going to kill myself, I'm not a killer" he says as he takes off his jacket and sits in his regular seat making me roll my eyes. I sit down and take out his folder as he looks around the room trying to distract himself.

"What did you do this week?" I ask him the obvious question waiting to see if he will lie to me or if he'll actually open up. Knowing him he'll probably give me a short answer, he wont lie to me well not anymore like he used to.

"I chilled" he shrugs his shoulders and kicks his legs up on the desk making me sigh at him. Just like I suspected but I'm not going to beg him to open up if I do that he just closes up even more and ends up storming put of my office. He doesn't stay in contact with me even if I text him or call he wont answer and he wonders why i get worried.