Chapter 16: Bitter Sweet

Maze POV:

Its been a week since I've been kicked out from the boy's residence and I honestly have never felt so alone in my life. I say they kicked me out because that's what it felt like, they argued and argued until they agreed to let me go. JB didn't even say goodbye to me, all he did was tell me that he has to let me go then he disappeared leaving me with an apologetic looking Mark who helped me pack up and drove me to the front door of my house. The whole car journey he told me that this was for the best and that JB would do anything to protect me because he cares for me. I know that at the beginning I wanted to go home and be released but I got comfortable I'm not gonna lie and I didn't want to leave, not really. How could they just let me go after kidnapping me, forcing me to live in an attic which got upgraded to a room, buying me unusual clothing, forcing me to go on a killing spree with them, watching Mark shoot a dying man in the head in my room, me getting so close to the boys that I revealed I had a crush on Mr. Kim. I got attached I know I did and now I'm suffering from the withdrawal symptoms.

"Maze just because you had fun at your school trip thingy doesn't mean you can forget about actual school now get your ass down here young lady!" I hear my mum shout from the bottom of the stairs. I'm already awake and dressed, I can't seem to sleep peacefully nowadays knowing that I'm wanted for 10 million. I grab my school bag and make my way down the stairs. "Breakfast is ready come and eat" she says to me as soon as I get to the bottom of the stairs whilst I just put on my shoes.

"I'm not hungry" I sigh then make my way towards the front door but my mum grabs my arm preventing me from leaving the house.

"Your brother has a car now so he can drop you off so you don't have to leave so early-"

"No thanks I like the train" I cut her off catching her off guard before storming out of the house with my hood on and earphones in my ears. I don't like using the train but I like to see who's on the train in other words I want to see JB. Last week I didn't see him at all which was unusual because he always gets on the train and even at school for some reason Yugyeom is no longer in my classes only in Mr. Kim's and that's just it. Bambam also came to school last week to talk to Mr. Kim and he didn't even say hi to me, he just walked straight past me like I was a stranger. They've all forgotten about me whilst I'm here mopping around because my kidnappers set me free. How stupid is that?

Once again JB wasn't on the train. I walk towards school with my head down pissed at myself for caring so much when they simply have abandoned me. I hear the laughs and cheers of other students making me sulk, I've never hated the sound of other teenagers before, everything just seems to annoy me now.

"Hey Yug remember to lay low!" I hear a familiar voice shout forcing me to dart my head up to see where it was coming from. I watch Yugyeom jump out of a car with Chase and Bambam sitting in the front, they do a handshake and laugh with each other before driving away whilst I just watch. Yugyeom turns around and catches me staring in the distance, his smile disappears then he walks towards the school gate.

That hurt like a lot.

"Hey Maze what are you doing standing out here when school is in there?" Dre approaches me and pushes me towards the school gate. He puts his arm around my shoulder and pulls me in closer to him which usual makes me feel better but not today. "Come on Maze you've been quiet ever since you got back, its Mr. Kim's class first I thought that would at least make you smile" he continues to talk but I just remain silent. I'm not overreacting I'm hurt, I've never experienced a true family where I had people actually care about me and now that's just all gone.

"Ok class today we are starting a new topic on Oxymorons so lets start with the most cliché oxymoron out there... bitter sweet" Mr. Kim introduces the new topic as he leans on his desk and looks at everyone in the class room but not once does he look at me directly like he used to. "What do you think of when I say bitter sweet, Amber why don't you start us off" he points over at Amber who jumps in her seat.