Chapter 44: Gone

Maze POV:

I'm selfish, foolish, inconsiderate, heartless I know but I had to do what I had to do. Jimin didn't really leave me with a choice I swear I was never going to betray JB. But Jimin just wouldn't quit, he kept judging me and telling me how I wouldn't survive in prison. He said to me that I had a life before I met JB therefore I'll have a life after meeting him. But I didn't want to leave him I couldn't but then I  thought about myself and how I had my life planned out. How I wanted to go to university and study psychology and one day get married and have kids but none of that can happen if I'm on the run. Selfish I know but I had to think about about me and plus the boys can move on with their lives instead of worrying about me, they'll finally be free.

"I knew JB was crazy but damn he crazy crazy when it's about you" Jimin waltz into the living room with an ice pack on his jaw. Did JB do that to him? I had to beat Jimin up to make it look like an accident happened I mean I wasn't complaining but I feel bad if JB caused him more injuries.

"How is he?" I ask curious about how he is coping and whether he's finally going to let me go so that he can live his life too.

"How do you think?" Jimin asks me as he kisses his teeth and points at his brusied jaw making me sulk. I curl up into a ball and begin to regret choosing right. I should've just firmed it and been on the run at least that way JB would've been ok.

"Nevermind" I sigh and put my head inbetween my knees not wanting Jimin to see me cry.

"Dont feel guilty, I'm giving you a clean slate, you'll go to university study psychology and be whatever you wanna be Nina Brown" Jimin approaches me and says as he rubs my shoulder trying to comfort me. At first it works for a bit but then I realise that he got my name wrong.

"Who's Nina Brown?" I ask him as I sit up and look up at him waiting for his answer. He scoffs before spitting out some blood onto the floor and wiping his mouth.

"You well that's your new identity" he answers me with a cheeky smirk on his face catching me off guard. What? I thought I could at least choose my own name not stinking Nina Brown it sounds so basic but then again thats good because I wont draw too much attention.

"How did you get me into university?" I sit up and ask him impressed that hes that well connected that he got me into university even though I dropped out of school time ago and I have no grades since I missed all of my exams.

"Well Nina was a straight A student and got into Oxford to study Psychology-"

"Wait she was a real person, what did you do to her?" I cut him off and exclaim shocked that he's making me live someone else's life. I thought he was just going to make a new fake identity for me not steal someone else's. What if I get caught and then what? I bet you he wont be here to save me.

"Killed her of course" he casually answers and I gasp even though I already knew the answer to my question. I glare at him disappointed and angry that he just carelessly killed someone like it was nothing.
"Do you know how hard it was to find an orphan who nobody knew and was a straight A student? Be grateful" he tells me leaving me in shock. He cant he serious right now can he? If I knew that this is what he meant by a fresh start then I would rather be on the run if it meant this poor innocent girl could live her life.

"No you killed someone, took away their furture-"

"So you could have yours so don't make me regret this" he cuts me on and grabs hold of my shoulders as he looks deep into my eyes. But I just cant shrug off the idea that she died because of me. "We moving out of Town going further down south so you'll never bump into JB" he adds and explains and I just sit their frozen as I watch him begin to pack up some of his things. He grabs hold of his car keys before turning to face me.