Chapter 9: Not that worried

Maze POV: 

I'm not going to ask him why he is behaving the way he is because its not my place to ask, if he wants to act like I didn't help him out then so be it. I am only human therefore I cannot change a way a person thinks. I will continue to live my boring life just like the way I lived it before he came, if this means he wasn't meant to be in my life then so be it, I will not fight what has been planned for me. The whole of Mr. Kim's lesson I completely ignored Channing's presence and concentrated on the lesson and on Mr. Kim as well. After class was finished I did what I've always done, I packed my bag extra slowly so I could stay with Mr. Kim a bit longer but this time he didn't question me about it, I guess he has just accepted it. 

"So when does sir want us to do this school newspaper thingy?" Dre asks me snapping me out of my thoughts. I just look at him and shrug my shoulders in response, I don't know why but for some reason it seems as if Mr. Kim is distancing himself from me. Whenever I put my hand up in class he would pick on someone else. "What's wrong with you?"  

"Hmm? What nothing I'm fine I'm just a bit tired that's all, I got home late and my parents gave me another lecture" I explain to him. I wasn't lying I did get home quite late last night and my parents weren't having it. They banned me from using my phone and allowing me to leave the house on the weekends for 3 weeks. 

"Why did you get home late?" He asks me with his eyes filled with curiosity. 

"Well first off Channing hurt himself then I bumped into a blind man on my way home, he was kind of lost so I helped him get to his house. He was a really nice man and he even invited me over to his house for dinner but I had to get home so" I tell him as I remember the kind blind man that I met last night. He was so happy and satisfied with life despite being blind. He honestly inspired me especially since he was so young yet so grateful for everything. 

"Wait how did Channing hurt himself-" 

"I rather not talk about someone who uses people then walks away" I cut Dre off and he just nods his head probably already knowing that I don't want to talk about it. I look across the lunch room and I make eye contact with Channing and as much as I wanted to roll my eyes, kiss my teeth at him my heart could only let me smile. Damn my good morals. 

"What the hell you just said you hated the nigga now you smiling at his ass?" Dre asks me and I'm surprised he hasn't noticed by now that I am absolutely terrible at being the bad girl. I can never be able to hold a grudge against anybody. 

"Give me a break" I sigh then pick up my school bag and begin to walk away from the cafeteria. I'm no longer in the mood for talking, I rather go into the gym and clear my mind off things. I walk into the school gym and I remove my black vans and put them aside with my bag and denim jacket. I look up at the rope and I begin to stretch my muscles, you see when I'm stressed or upset I always climb rope, I know its weird but for some reason being on high places calms me down. 

I hop onto the rope then I slowly begin to slide up until I get to the top. Whenever I get to the top I just stay up there clinging onto the rope, once I stayed up here for 2 hours because I was really angry at my parents.  

"What the fuck are you doing?! At least put down a safety mat!" I hear a familiar voice shout up at me forcing me to look down and make eye contact with an angry/ concerned looking Channing. What is he doing here? 

"Are you following me?!" I shout back down at him and he just looks down at his feet then clears his throat and looks back up at me. 

"No, I was just walking and I saw a dangling body-" 

"The door was closed, I know it because I closed it" I interrupt him and he just goes all silent making me laugh out loud. My mother always said that boys are hard work that they can never make up their own mind, its either they are happy with life or they want to over complicate life. Channing wants to over complicate life.