Chapter 10: The Party

Maze POV:

I don't really know why I agreed to go to the party with GD when I full on know that my parents won't allow it. But I kind of want to go to the party, I've never been to a party before and this seems to be the kind of party that I like. I don't like these foolish teenage parties where people end up pregnant and drunk and grind on random people, it's not really my style. People say it's probably because I have strict parents but to be honest even if my parents weren't so strict i would still hate such parties. That's just the kind of person that I am.

"Maze honey are you not going to school?" My mum asks me as she waltz into my bedroom with one hand on her hip. I sit up on my bed because she hates it when woman slouch.

"No mama I am going to school I was just meditating before leaving" I lie to her well I wasn't exactly lying because I was mediating on my thoughts but that's not the kind of meditation she likes. "Is there anything you'd like?" I ask her because mother never comes to check on me in the mornings.

"No I just wanted to tell you me and your father are going to your Aunt Kay's house her husband just died, we won't be back until Monday. Your brother will be here for you" she explains as she looks down at me with no sympathy on her face. Sometimes I wonder why our family members never want anything to do with us maybe it's because we are all so cold.

"Ok tell Aunt Kay I send my condolences" I respond then begin to pack my school bag then put on my jacket and shoes before beginning to walk out of my bedroom but my mum grabs my arm and stops me. "Is there a problem?"

"Do you plan on leaving the house wearing that?" She asks me as she examines my clothes. I look down and stare at my ripped jeans making me sigh, I don't even know why I brought these jeans if I knew I'd never be allowed to wear them.

"Mama I'm already late I promise to dispose of them when I get back" I say to her not really bothered to change my whole outfit again, it took me forever to get into these jeans.

"No point, half of the neighbour hood would have seen you in that already" she looks at me with disapproval then walks away. I throw my bag over my shoulder as I make my way down the stairs but only for me to make eye contact with my brother.

"What do you want I'm late for school" I sigh as I look up at him already knowing that he's going to say something that'll ruin my day like he always does.

"Don't think I'll be here to take care of you, I have plans to be with more important and fascinating people" he says as he gives me he's smug look. I roll my eyes at his stupid comment then grab an apple from the table and make my way to the train station. As soon as I got to the train station the train had arrived forcing me to jump into it before it left. To my surprise I manage to get in the same carriage as I usually get into and sit in my regular seat right in front of train guy who gives me a faint smile as usual.

I begin to look around the train out of boredom and I catch somebody's eye but he quickly puts his hood up when he notices making me kiss my teeth at him. I know it's Channing I mean he's hard to miss, he's tall, awkward and says he doesnt wanna be friends even though I know he does.

"Yo Channing!" I shout to get his attention, he looks up at me causing me to wave at him with a smile on my face but he doesn't wave back instead he looks away again. "Well I just got ignored" I murmur to myself as I feel the stares of the people on the train. They must think I'm crazy. I get up from my seat and make my way to him before removing his hood and looking him dead in the eyes.

"What part of I don't want to be friends with you do you not understand?" He whispers in my ear with a slight venomous tone. I push him away from him and he glances across the carriage, I turn my head to see where he is glancing but he pulls me into him catching me off guard.