Chapter 18: Betraying Each Other

Maze POV:

I feel kind of bad for turning down Hoseok like that, well I didn't exactly turn him down I just told him that I'd think about it even though I should've been like yes I'll hang out with you. I don't know I just feel as if I don't deserve such a nice human being to be my friend, I know I am a nice person too but after being around the boys I feel as if my innocence has been tainted a bit. I mean I did watch them kill numerous of people as if life is not that important. I guess you can say that Hoseok came in at the right time of my life, where I'm feeling low and threatened at the same time and he just lifts up my spirits and makes me forget about it all therefore I should keep such a positive person in my life. Do you know what maybe I will go out and hang with him, I can't continue to live my life fearing that someone is going to kidnap me any second. I should enjoy everything whilst I still have my freedom not that JB and the boys care about that anymore.

I was so happy when school finished because it meant I didn't have to be in the same building as Mr. Kim and Yugyeom. It just makes me so angry how they can act like I meant nothing to them when they basically kidnapped me and lived with me for weeks. I just don't understand how a person can switch up so quickly. As soon as I was out of the school premises I caught Hoseok walking down the stairs on the left side of the school with his earphones plugged into his ears as his bops his head to the music making me smile. Should I call him over? I open my mouth prepared to call his name but then I see Mr. Kim and Yugyeom jump him from the back before dragging him down the stairs and throwing him into the back of a black van before jumping in themselves. I watch the black van drive away surprised at what I had just witnessed, did they just kidnap Hoseok?

"Hey Maze do you wanna ride instead of taking the damn train?" Dre pulls up his car in front of me and asks, wait when did he get a new car? When did he learn how to drive even? Normally I would say no in these situations because my brother would snake on me but today my new best friend just got kidnapped and I really don't wanna be alone again.

"Yeah sure but can you drop me off near my house not in the actual area" I tell him and he just shrugs his shoulders probably thinking its because I don't want my parents to see when in reality its because I'm not going home, I'm going to JB's house to get my best friend back.

"I feel kind of bad that we haven't hanged out since you came back" Dre speaks up as he stops at the traffic light making me sigh. Damn these traffic lights are slowing us down, knowing the boys they probably gonna pass by every traffic light like its nothing.

"No please don't worry, you have your own friends who need your attention more than I do" I respond to him not really caring that we haven't hanged out because its not like we used to hang out before, we just spoke since he's like the only real person in my life. I'm not the kind of person that craves for attention anyways I like to keep to myself.

"Why don't you make friends like every normal teenager?" he laughs as he begins to drive again, even at this rate I don't think I'll make it in time to save Hoseok. Wait what am I saving Hoseok from? Are they going to kill him or hold him hostage? Probably hold him hostage its what they do right?

"Because they never stay so why would I put myself out there?" I explain making him sigh at me because he doesn't believe in heartbreak and thinks that I worry too much. But I don't worry too much though, its a fact I don't truly have anyone looking out for me, my brother left me years ago, my parents don't listen to me and JB and his crew dumped me the only person who is actually interested in me is Hoseok and where is he? Kidnapped by my ex kidnappers but why?

"You overthink too much" Dre says snapping me out of my thoughts. Maybe I do overthink but its not like I have anyone to talk to about this stuff, I can only talk to myself and ask myself for advice nobody else.