Chapter 47: Its You

Maze POV:

I stand there frozen not knowing how to respond. He just stares at me with his eyes wide open and I begin to mentally pinch myself hoping that this is all a dream. It has to be a dream, theres no way that JB is standing right in front of me. No we moved to the place that was most unlikely for me to be found, Jimin said and I quote this is the safest place on earth him and his boys used to live here. Wait his boys that includes Namjoon, fuck. I cant let him believe it's me because theres no way its been 6 years we've all moved on therefore he should move on too. My mind hasn't changed I dont regret the choice that I made and I'm not going to let him ruin it for me. I'm not going to be sucked back into his drama, not again.

"Hi, I'm Nina Brown I'll be taking over your session just for today I'm guessing Lyon has explained everything to you" I smile trying my best not to show too much emotion in my face. I stick out my hand for him to shake and he just stares at my hand before staring at me once again analysing my face. I begin to mentally start praying hoping that my appearance is not the same as it was 6 years ago.

"Yeah er sorry its just that you look like someone I once knew" he apologises as he rubs the back of his neck still staring at my face. I clear my throat hoping that'll indicate that I feel uncomfortable with him staring at me but he doesn't stop he continues to stare and stare and stare.

"Is that so" I mumble. I look up and make eye contact with Lyon who mouths thank you to me before leaving me and JB alone. It's ok it's only an hour session no big deal and I'll never have to see him again. I was never supposed to see him again anyway. I lead JB to his seat and pour him a glass of water which he takes a sip of.

"Yeah erm it's ok I'm ok I dont need therapy my friends just forced me" he speaks up as he looks around my office probably trying to sus me out. But my office is very plain not much except for a fridge with drinks which I only open when jimin is here because it soothes him and some plants that Sarah got for me but other than that I dont even have any photos.

"Its nothing to be ashamed of" I let him know as I take out my notepad and pen trying to reassure him. But he doesn't seem reassured he just begins to bounce his right leg.
"So why do you think your friends thought you needed therapy?" I ask him catching him off guard. I'm guessing his friends are still the guys and I'm guessing there've already had therapy which is why he's here now but why didnt he come with them? Why is he only showing up now?

"Er we all went through a traumatic event they managed to get through it but I just... I couldn't" he explains to me making me write it down in my notes trying my best to look professional. As I'm writing I can feel his eyes on me, does he feel uncomfortable or is he still trying to see if I'm Maze?

"Why do you think you couldn't?" I ask him as I cross my legs and begin to tap my pen on the notepad, curious to why everyone else have managed to move on but he hasn't. Why is he stuck in the past?

"She meant the world to me no she was my world without her my life is meaningless" he explains as he looks deep in my eyes breaking my heart. I quickly look down at my notepad hoping that he hasn't seen the tears building up in my eyes. This was such a bad idea, I should've pretended that I was sick and that I couldn't continue the session because as much as I want to believe that I've moved on but seeing him, brings back memories.

"Yes but your alive" I try to persuade him that his life is meaningful but by the sad look in his eyes I can tell that he doesn't want to move on and it's making me mad. I dont want him to be stuck in the past, he deserves a future with someone to love someone who is just not me. I want him to be happy because I care for him but also because I dont want to feel guilty.

"Not by choice" he murmurs catching me off guard. I look up at him startled and he looks at me glaring at me with his eyebrows furrowed. I cant see any emotion on his face he wont let any tears fall nor smile he's just too busy looking at my face. He's gonna be a tough cookie to crack even Lyon will struggle to get him to open up.