Chapter 8

"Oh I think he'd like this" my friend said holding up a velvet lingerie like set. I had decided to spend the day with my friend Rebeca and have a girls day out that consisted of shopping, eating, and maybe a sleepover, as childish as that sounded.

"I can't believe you're engaged" I said smiling at her while she continued to eye the lingerie set. It was a velvet pink set and it was rather cute than sexy in my opinion.

"I know I'm so happy, I've never been this happy" she said as she smiled widely. I was happy for her, she didn't have the best childhood and deserved pure happiness. Something her fiancé Mark was able to do very well was give her happiness.

"Omg you should try it on" she said pushing the velvet set onto my hands as she gave me a wink.

"Doesn't hurt to look sexy and cute for yourself once in a while" she said trying to convince me.

"If only you knew" I thought to myself as I smiled walking towards the fitting room. I didn't see the point in buying cute stuff to wear around Penny because it would get destroyed at the end, and he didn't really seem to care about that kind of stuff anyways. He's not human after all.

I sighed as I looked at myself in the mirror. The velvet was soft on my skin and it didn't look so bad after all. I even started to contemplate on purchasing it but I wasn't going to wear it around Penny. That would be my dollars down the drain after he savagely rips it off my body.

"I'm glad you bought it" Rebeca said as she took another sip of her lemonade

"I'm glad you bought it" Rebeca said as she took another sip of her lemonade. I looked out towards the street as we sat at a little cafe, eating lunch and catching up.

"Yeah, I'll wear it today since there won't be another reason to wear it anyways" I said looking back at her.

"You're beautiful, don't let what these scummy boys did to your heart define you" she said as she placed her hand gently on mine. I sighed in agreement and decided to chance the subject.

"Soooo, have you decided on a date?" I asked referring to her wedding date.

"Nothing in specific but I do want it to be in the summer" she said.

"I was thinking the beach" she added as she ran her fingers through her hair, tossing her soft blonde waves.

I sipped on my drink as she continued to give me details on her dream dress. She was so beautiful, inside and out. It almost made me feel insecure but all the feelings washed away when I thought of Penny and how much desire there was. He made me feel so wanted and desirable. As crazy as that sounded.

"Hey you ok?" Rebeca laughed as she waved me out of my thoughts.

"What? Oh! Yeah" I said as my cheeks flushed pink in embarrassment.