Chapter 56

"It feels like you are"

Penny looked at me with sort of saddened eyes before his whole face shifted into anger once again.

"Don't ever disappear like that ever again" he said as his eyes fell onto my barely noticeable bulge on my belly.

"Okay" I whispered as I kept my eyes on him.

Penny then turned around preparing to leave me alone once again when a sudden voice stopped him dead in his tracks.

Both of our heads snapped towards the direction of the voice. We had both heard it clear as day.

"Lola?" The familiar voice called out.

I felt my whole body go into a shocking numbness when my eyes fell upon Rebeca's petite figure. My mouth went completely dry and I could feel myself on the verge of fainting.

I heard Penny growl, an all too familiar sound. I suddenly felt all the feeling come back in my body and my fingertips exploded with emotion as I lunged myself towards Rebeca before Penny could.

I felt as we both hit the ground, myself on top her. I made sure to cover her whole belly, afraid of what Penny would do.

Penny's large hands grasped at my shirt trying to tug me away from her as I screamed and pleaded for him to stop.

"Penny please!

"Don't do this!"

"Not her!"

It's as if he had completely blocked my voice from his head as he continued to ignore me. After a couple seconds he was able to successfully pull me off of Rebeca. I flailed in his arms trying to get out his grip and back to Rebeca.

Penny let go of me and I shut my eyes ready for the fall that never came. My eyes opened after a second of not feeling myself hit the ground.

The first thing I saw was Rebeca's widened eyes as she looked at me in disbelief. I looked down at the rest of my body and realized I was floating mid air. I looked at Penny as he continued to make his way towards Rebeca who was completely distracted by my situation.

I had never seen Penny do this. I don't know if he was able to do this all along but never did, or if it was something that came within extreme measures.

I struggled against the invisible grip that held me hostage mid air but to no avail, I was not set free.

"Penny!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I saw his large hands pick Rebeca's body up effortlessly. I could see Rebeca crying as Penny's sharp teeth began to appear right in front of her face.

"I will hate you" I stammered out as a last effort.

"I will pull these damn lights out of my body and end myself" I said with a croaky voice. I felt my head drop as it hung low, looking down towards the big gap between me and the floor.

"You will wake up to nothing" I said. Every single word hurting me more than it hurt him. I didn't mean it. I didn't mean any of it.

"I'll end it all" I said one last time as I forced myself to look at Penny who had stopped midway from eating Rebeca's face off. He turned to look at me, anger in his eyes, but even I knew there was sadness and hurt in them as well.

I saw as every single one of his fingers unclasped themselves from Rebeca's arms. I tried reaching out before Rebeca could fall but was surprised to see her floating as well. Penny then made his way towards the middle of us.

The three of us stayed in place for what felt like forever. Penny looking out into the lair, completely zoned out.

Suddenly he fell onto his knees, completely exhausted. He looked up at me, despair in his eyes. Almost as he was saying goodbye.