Chapter 12

I woke up groggier than ever before feeling emptiness in the bed. My body ached immensely and I sighed remembering what had happened the night before. I forced myself to get up disregarding the pain I felt shoot through my sore body. My wrists were almost purple from penny's hands.

"Ow" I whimpered as I touched them gently. I tightened my robe around me before heading to the kitchen. To my surprise I saw Penny rummaging through the cupboards looking for what seemed like something to eat.

"There no children or live flesh in there" I joked as penny snapped his head towards my direction.

"Why do you eat so many different things and yet there's nothing good" he said closing the cabinet door in defeat.

"Well I wasn't able to go grocery shopping yesterday because I was interrupted" I said rather irritated as penny looked down at me clearly unamused at my comment.

"Sorry" I said quickly after.

"I woke up grumpy" I said opening the fridge, sighing at the emptiness of it.

"I'm gonna head to the grocery store, do you want anything?" I asked as I began to head towards my bedroom to shower. I didn't receive a response which I guess meant he didn't want anything.

"I'll be back" I said rather dully as I closed the door behind me. I had left pennywise sitting on the couch watching cartoons to distract him. He seemed to like them.

I continued to add food to my cart, wincing at the pain in my wrists once in a while. I finally had made it to the snack aisle which was always my favorite. My hands instinctively reached out for the Oreos. My all time comfort food and I was in a huge need of comfort.

I neatly placed all the groceries in my trunk before slamming it shut. I sat in the drivers seat sighing in exhaustion. I looked at myself in the rear view mirror shocked at the tired face that stared back. I looked sad.

I unlocked the door holding the 7 bags of groceries in my hands. I was dying at this point but I refused to ask Penny for help. I didn't wanna be around him. I was shocked to see him still sitting on the couch, his eyes fixated on the tv. He giggled at a joke spongebob had made and I almost smiled at Penny's goofiness. Almost.

With a huge huff, I dropped all the grocery bags onto the kitchen floor. I closed my eyes for a second feeling overwhelmed. I felt like a soccer mom at this point.

"You're back" Penny said looking at me from the couch.

"Mhm" I said without making eye contact as I began to put the groceries away. Penny stayed silent for a while just watching me.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked in a child like voice. I didn't respond and continued to fill the fridge with newly bought food.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked again growing a little irritated.

"Tired is all" I answered rather shortly before he became upset. After I finished putting all the food away I decided to treat myself to Oreos. I had been looking forward to them the whole ride home.

I poured a glass of milk and took the box of cookies out of the pantry. My mood lightened up a bit as I daydreamed about the savory treats. Penny was abnormally quiet and I hadn't turned to look at him so I wouldn't be surprised if he had left by now. I felt a bit bad for being in a sour mood with him, but my body was in pain and he seemed to not really care. He acted as if nothing ever happened. If he wanted to continue being around me, he had to learn basic human compassion skills, at least for me. My thoughts were interrupted by the sudden sound of bells ringing, letting me know he was still here. I turned to look at him and faintly smiled from my seat.