Chapter 28

"Who is she?" I asked as tears brimmed my eyes heavily.

The girl looked at me just as confused as I was. I didn't dare look back at Penny, disgusted and hurt by his actions.

"Penny?" the girl asked and that was enough to send me storming out the door. I pushed past her not looking back.

"No" I heard Penny growl but I continued to storm out of the house. I wiped the tears off my face aggressively, angry that was I crying over this stupid clown. How could he? I didn't even know he knew what cheating was!

The air made my tears cold against my cheeks. I looked back at the house, my hair floating around my face. I saw Penny looking at me through one of the cracked windows, the girl nowhere in sight. I looked back ahead and continued walking down the street. My oversized sweater felt as if it was weighing me down but I knew it was my feelings doing that. My hair flew past my face as the wind picked up. I felt as if I was walking in slow motion and the world stopped spinning around me. The streets were empty but that wasn't the reason for my loneliness.

I ran up the stairs to my apartment, walking into the elevator soon after. The way up to my floor felt like forever and all I wanted to do was get stuck in this elevator and not have to see anyone else ever again. This felt worse than being betrayed by your average boyfriend. Penny was in me and was still capable of doing such a thing.

I slammed the door shut behind me and ran towards the restroom. I turned on the head shower and climbed in, clothes and all.

I sat in the middle of the tub, crying my eyes out as the water soaked my clothes and hair. I hugged my knees to my chest as I sobbed loudly.

I sat there for an hour before I decided to shut the water off. I laid down in the tub, not wanting to go to my bed.

I continued to cry as my body shivered from coldness. I force my eyes shut, praying Penny would come to me. I wanted him to hold me and tell me it wasn't real. That I had imagined everything.

But he never came.

~~~~~~~~

I woke up as the sun hit my face. I looked up, shielding my eyes and realized I was still laying in my bathtub.

Memories from the night before flashed in my head and I grew nauseous at the mere thought of them. I bolted to the toilet, preparing to throw up, but I never did.

I sat back onto the floor, with my arms on either side of my body. I carried myself up slowly and made my way to my room. My heart dropped as I realized Penny wasn't here. I had hoped I'd wake up with him by my side and everything would go back to the way it was, but I knew that would never happen.

I decided to get ready for the day, and run errands. I didn't want to stay home with a heart break like I had done with Norman. My stomach sank at the thought of his name.

"You killed them" I whispered angrily as I slammed my hand against my mirror. I grabbed my head in frustration as I began to sob.

My head pounded in pain as I let the tears continue to fall. I cleaned myself up, not allowing myself to cry anymore.

I grabbed my purse and phone and headed out the door. I walked slowly down the street, going nowhere in particular. My phone rang continuously as Rebecca kept calling me and messaging me.

"I'm fine" I responded quickly before hanging up. I wanted to be left alone.

I continued to walk down the street and my eyes widened as I realized I could see Penny in my peripheral vision. He was standing at a far end corner, staring me down. I walked past the corner, not looking at him. I didn't want to see him now, not ever.