Chapter 16

I was running. I kept running and running trying not to look back, too afraid at what I'd see. The forest grew denser and thicker. My lungs burned from exhaustion and my legs ached, but I didn't stop running. My heart was screaming at me to stop but my mind kept telling me to run and so I ran. I heard a growl behind me and my body picked up its pace. I slid falling into a deep hole. I kept falling and it felt endless. I looked up as I saw the light from the moonlight grow smaller and smaller the deeper I fell. I felt rough hands grab me mid air and as I looked up I realized the moonlight had been replaced with glowing eyes.

I gasped as I shot up in my bed. My heart was racing and I felt cold sweat. I fell back down onto my pillow with a heavy sigh. I grabbed my head with my shaking hands as I stared at my ceiling.

"Whats wrong with me" I asked myself as I continued to take heavy breaths. Disgusted from my overnight sweat, I climbed out of bed making my way to the bathroom to take a refreshing shower.

I slid off my robe and stepped into the cool water. I placed my head directly under the pressure of the water as I closed my eyes. I stood there for a while trying to relax. My mind was suddenly bombarded with images of my dream but they only came in chunks. I couldn't remember my dream completely.

I turned the faucet off after I finished showering. I stepped out into the warm bathroom, covering myself with a towel. I stared at myself in the mirror. My eyes were puffy from all the crying I had done the night before.

My phone ringing snapped me out of my thoughts. I picked it up examining the screen.

Mom the phone screen read.

"Shit" I murmured before answering the call.

"Hello mom" I said casually as my mom immediately began speaking into the phone.

"I was so worried! You didn't call and it's been hours since you landed! I was trying not to panic! I-" she stammered into the phone before I cut her off.

"Sorry, I got home exhausted and immediately fell asleep. I completely forgot to call you but I'm fine mom don't worry" I reassured her over the phone.

"Okay hun, well I have to get back to work, I'll call you later" she said before we both hang up. I walked into my bedroom and was immediately stopped in my tracks. A variety of flowers laid on my bed. It was obvious they had been plucked from the ground as dirt covered some of them, dirtying my bed sheets in the process.

Penny. I thought as I picked up one of the flowers. It was a daisy. I smiled to myself at his silliness not bothered by the fact that my bed sheets were now ruined. I looked around my room trying to look for him, but he wasn't there.

After cleaning up the adorable mess penny had made , I changed into my outfit of the day and headed out.

I walked down the sidewalk lost in my own thoughts as I heard someone's heels following right behind me. I turned around to get a casual look of the person and was stunned to be face to face with Regina.

She looked worried, as if she was about the throw up any moment.

"Hey" she said shakily as she stopped right in front of me.

"I've been meaning to talk to you and I saw you walking and ran up to catch up with you" she said explaining why she had been following me.

"I've just been really worried about Norman, he hasn't answered any of my calls, or anybody's really" she began to say. My body tensed up as I realized what she was talking about.

"He's been missing since you came to my office and I was just wondering if you had any idea where he might have gone?" She asked breathing heavily.