Chapter 54

I sighed in relief when I made it out of the dark tunnels. I looked around and realized the heavily wooded area was just as dark, maybe even darker.

It was excruciatingly cold and I only had a simple long sleeve on me. I held my arms close to each other in order to regain some warmth. My breath fogged the air in front of me as the quiet of the night followed behind my every footstep.

I didn't exactly know what I planned to do, but I knew I had to bring something back for Penny. I even thought about maybe hunting an animal and feeding him that, at this point I thought maybe he couldn't even tell the difference, due to how weak he was, but I knew he was smart enough to realize what I had done.

I continued to walk through the silent trees trying to think of something. Before I knew it, I had found myself standing in front of a silent street, not a single soul to be found. I sighed in frustration as I looked around at all the dark houses. Everyone was in bed by now, making me grow more anxious to find something...anything.

Do I sneak into someone's home and... kill them?

Do I lure them in with something?

Maybe a drunk college boy?

Numerous thoughts and ideas raced through my mind as I walked down the silent street. I probably looked like a crazy person but that was the least of my worries now.

I never thought I'd find myself in this predicament. This is something that only happened in horror movies, or something that came up on the news, a story about a murderous couple. But that couldn't be me, that's something that happened miles away from here. In big cities like New York or Los Angeles, hell even somewhere in Europe. A small town I couldn't even pronounce, but not here, not Derry, not me.

After walking for a bit longer, I found myself in front of a dark alley. I hadn't realized how dangerous it really was that I was walking around at night, alone. I would be an easy target. A small framed girl walking around alone in the dark night. I hadn't realized that Penny wouldn't be able to save me this time. I was alone.

All alone.

I turned around, deciding I would head the opposite way and not be the stupid girl who takes the dark alley way shortcut. As soon as I took a step, a loud sound made me snap my head around.

There in the middle of the dark I could make out two silhouettes. I took a step closer, my eyes squinting so that I could get a better look. I couldn't describe their facial features but I could tell it was a man and a woman.

The taller silhouette which I assumed was the man, pushed the smaller silhouette against the wall. They were laughing and I could tell they were completely drunk. I could hear whispers but couldn't make out what they were saying.

Suddenly the laughter stopped and soon became grunts of struggles. The taller silhouette began to aggressively grope the smaller one and I could hear a female voice pleading to stop.

I felt my body freeze as I realized I was about to witness a sexual assault, or even worse.

HELP HER

My head screamed at me but I couldn't move. The girl continued to struggle, as my eyes watered.

After a couple seconds, I could feel my body regain consciousness and found myself lunging towards the couple. Suddenly a large light illuminated the alley way and I realized someone had opened the door to some type of bar that the alleyway connected with. I could now see the couple clear as day. The girl, brown hair and dark eyes, was held against the wall, her top completely ripped as the man tried to pull it off of her. The man wore all black, his hair blonde as the sun. He had an aggressive demeanor as he continued to pin the girl against the wall. They both turned to look at the opened door. They looked like deers caught in headlights.