Chapter 24

I sat comfortably on the couch, wrapped in a warm robe. I looked at Penny who stood on the other side. I was praying I didn't catch a cold from our little adventure outside.

"My dear" Penny said as his long arm fell onto my thigh, caressing it slowly.

"Did it hurt?" I asked as I fought back tears. I was still very upset at what Penny had done to Derek.

Penny just looked at me, and I could tell he was trying not to get angry at my question.

"I warned you" he scolded.

"I don't break promises" he said as he lifted his hand from my thigh.

"He was still seeing her" Penny said suddenly. I looked at him confused but realized what he was talking about.

"He always was" he added as he gave me a look.

"Don't lie to make me feel better" I snapped as I got up from the couch, storming into the room.

"I don't lie" he growled behind me. I didn't bother to look back and just slammed the bathroom door shut, completely blocking him out. I turned around and felt my soul leave my body as Penny stood in front of me.

"I'm not human" he snarled as he pointed to the locked bathroom door.

I almost laughed at my stupidity. How could I have forgotten that closed doors didn't work on Penny.

"Will this be an everyday thing?" I asked referring to him killing anyone who came in contact with me.

"Only those who want what I have" he said in a deep voice. I looked at him with narrowed eyes as I huffed in frustration.

Suddenly my chest began to glow as well as his. He looked me right in the eyes as the lights illuminated
his face.

"We can't be apart now" he said as he slowly made his way towards me. He lifted my body and placed it above the sink.

He softly touched my hair as I looked at him in frustration. He was annoying me with his stubbornness to stop killing the people around me.

"Penny!" I snapped trying to get him to listen to me.

"Next time, I promise to listen to you when you tell me to stay away" I said.

"I won't go near the person" I sighed.

He looked pleased with my words but I quickly spoke up again.

"Under one condition" I said as I raised my index finger to his face. He looked at it with anger and disgust before shifting his gaze to my face, keeping the same angry and disgusted expression.

"You don't touch them" I said with a stern look. I was very upset and hurt at what he had done. Even if Derek was a cheater, he didn't deserve that. Hell, even Norman didn't deserve that, but I understood why Penny did what he did to Norman.

"I understand you have to feed" I sighed.

"But go after the bad people! The rapists, murders, the abusive evil people!" I said.

"There's plenty of those" I continued.

"We're all scared of something" I added. He looked at me angrily and almost pouty at my words.

"And don't even dare look at a child" I snapped.

"I'll end you myself" I said sternly causing Penny to go into a fit of laughter. My face stayed emotionless.

"I'm your strength and your weakness" I said blankly causing Penny to stop laughing and look at me with an angry and serious face.

"I don't have to touch you to end you, I just have to harm myself" I said.