Chapter 17

I sat still on my bed watching Netflix as the rain continued to pour. I looked at the clock that read 6:45pm.

I sighed in frustration as my eyes went back to the tv. Penny had left hours ago to hunt and hadn't came back. I was bored, extremely bored. I started to think back on when I first met him. How I had been crying over Norman. How he tried eating that one kid. How I followed him into the old Neibolt St. house.

My body froze in shock as I realized what I had just thought.

"The Neibolt house!" I gasped as I lunged out of bed and into my closet. I quickly grabbed my raincoat and rain boots and bolted out the door. The storm had calmed quite a bit but it was still pouring heavily. The raindrops made it a bit hard to see but that didn't stop me. I continued jogging down the street not caring as I splashed into puddles. I wiped my face various times trying to dry it from the rain.

I quickly passed the broken fence and stammered up the stairs and into the old creepy house. It was eerily quiet. Raindrops fell from my face and onto the floor. I quietly walked deeper into the house, trying not to make any noise in case some crackhead had decided to spend the night. The house stayed still and I began to grow with disappointment as I realized Penny wasn't here. I turned around and began to head for the door when a sudden noise stopped me. It was like a vibrating noise, something I couldn't quite put my finger on. I scrunched up my nose in confusion as I began to make my way to the sound. I turned a couple corners and was met by an old wooden door. It was slightly cracked open. I peered inside to try and see anything but the house was too dark and I started to get creeped out. Suddenly an orange light began to glow in the middle of the room. My eyes widened as Penny now appeared, facing the wall. He stood limply as an orange light emerged from within him. It sounded powerful and something told me I shouldn't have been witnessing this. The light began to grow and grow as Penny stood completely still, almost as if he was dead. The lights had gotten so powerful that the whole room lit up.

"This is what people were talking about when they said they saw strange lights coming from the Neibolt house" I thought to myself. There were stories going around about creepy and unexplained lights coming from this house but nobody was ever brave enough to check it out.

The lights grew so bright I had to shield my eyes, they seemed to be facing the wall, not letting me see them completely. I wondered what would happen if I did seem them in their true form. I gasped as the house shook from the intensity.

My gasp must've been loud because Penny immediately snapped his head towards my direction. The lights immediately turned off and Penny looked livid. His eyes glowed orange, his mouth now showcasing rows of razor sharp teeth.

I backed up slowly trying to make him think it was just an old creak from the house that he had heard but it was too late, he had seen me. He ripped open the door so harshly, it flew off its hinges and into the wall behind him. I yelped as I held onto the wall trying to walk backwards, not wanting or daring to take my eyes off of him. He stood in the doorway breathing so hard I could physically see his chest rise and fall aggressively. Numerous growls came from his mouth as his hands laid tightly against his body. I looked down to my horror and realized that his usual soft gloved hands were now monstrous claws. I looked back up into his eyes and saw his face had turned evil. I swallowed hard trying not to scream as I tried convincing myself that maybe he wouldn't hurt me and instead give me mercy like he had done before, but the way he was looking at me in that moment made me fear otherwise.

"Pe-" I began to say but was stopped immediately when Penny lunged at me. I screamed loudly and closed my eyes as I felt his clawed hands grab my arms tightly, lifting me into the air. I opened my eyes and realized I was now dangling in the air, directly above him. I froze in horror as his razor teeth seem to grow more and more. He looked like a complete monster.