Chapter 48

"What?" I said trying to laugh off Rebeca's ridiculous theory. I walked past her, dropping the small towel I was carrying in my hand. I heard Rebeca follow after me, the room echoing with our footsteps.

"Have you taken a test?" She asked as the silence began to fulfill us. I turned around swiftly, looking her dead in the eye.

" IM. NOT. PREGNANT" I said sternly, my hands turning into fists.

"Okay, okay" Rebeca said as she raised her hands in defense. She gave me a side eye as she walked towards the kitchen, tension lingering in the air. She began to pick up all the dishes, placing them neatly in the sink.

"I'm actually like really tired.." I said as I saw her prepare to wash the dishes. She looked at me, sleeves rolled up tightly against her arms in order to not get them wet.

"Are you sure?" She asked as she placed a hand on her hip, tilting her head to side with pure suspicion in her eyes.

"Yeah" I said letting the word linger in my mouth and into the awkward air. She gave me a slight nod as she began to gather her things. I hadn't planned for the night to end like this. I didn't want it to end, but everything good had to finish one way or another.

"I'll see you around?" Rebeca asked as I walked her out the creaky door.

"Of course" I said with a small yet warm smile. She placed her small hand onto my shoulder as she sighed heavily.

"Call me if you need anything" she said trying to reassure me. I knew I couldn't hide the nervousness in my eyes and Rebeca knew me well more than anyone but we decided not to touch the subject. Some things were better kept hidden under sheets.

Silk sheets.

I sat onto the couch, feeling myself grow more anxious by the second. What if she was right? What if I was pregnant? What would I tell everyone? That I was in love with an multiverse being that disguised himself as a clown and ate people for a living? I was a different type of weird that's for sure.

As if on cue, I heard the familiar sound of bells dance around the room. I looked up immediately, my eyes locking onto golden ones instantly.

"You hunted" I said softly. Penny looked fixated onto my stomach.

"You don't feel well" he said with a raspy voice. I felt nauseous at his words but held it down.

"I'm fine, I don't know what you're talking about" I said letting my body relax against the couch. Penny made his way towards me, kneeling in front of me.

"Feed" he said and I sat up, preparing for the usual process. He unhinged his jaw, revealing the glowing lights and just like always, I was met with the same euphoric feeling. My body crashed against the couch pillows, my body feeling weaker than ever.

"I don't understand" I said as my eyes stayed shut closed. I felt Penny shuffle around, the sound of his silk suit like music to my ears.

"I should be energized" I said as worry grew within me like a rooted flower. I felt pressure on my thighs, Penny's hands. He slowly parted my legs and I could feel his gaze burning within me.

"Those lights" he said, his voice thick against the air.

"The ones that have attached to your soul" he continued

"Your pure soul" he trailed off.

I opened my eyes slowly, my gaze filled with questions that drowned in curiosity.

"The ones you gave me?" I asked as I slowly looked down onto my chest.

"They're beautiful" I said with a small smile. I didn't know where this conversation was going, but I was glad Penny was finally touching the subject. He touched it softly the same way his gloved fingertips grazed my silk skin.