Chapter 44

I laid under him, his heavy body creating tension between us. I looked into his eyes, searching for something.

"Always" I said quietly as I felt his hand slip off of my face. He slowly sat up, almost spilling off the edge of the bed. I stayed laying down, motionless. I gasped when I felt his large hands grip my ankles, parting my legs. I continued to look up at the ceiling, letting the unexpected simmer in the moment. I felt growls emerge from within his chest, and I didn't have to see to know his eyes were glowing orange, that amber hue.

"Penny" I said softly, the word tickling my lips as it floated upwards and into the darkness. I felt him drag me down, almost to the edge of the bed. I looked up this time. I looked right at him, he looked so beautiful, so aesthetic. I continued to look at him, letting his large hands pick me up. I instantly wrapped my legs around him, in order to keep balance. Our chests collided ever so softly, feeling the lights from within them begin to burn. Oh how I missed that burning sensation.

I looked up, our faces inches apart. Everything around us seemed to fade, like in those cheesy love movies, but in this moment, it felt all too surreal. His white painted face, slightly cracked but all too familiar. His red hair seemed to burn through the darkness, amber dreams.

I really did miss how soft his silk suit was, even if it was witness to all his killings and wrong doings, but it stuck with him. It didn't leave him or judge him. It sheltered him. Sheltered him from the stains and dirt. I wanted to be the silk that kept him compact. To hold him. Him against the world.

I felt him put me down, but I felt like I was flying.

Like I was floating.

He gave me a look. His blue eyes now looking back at my brown ones. The color was heavy, heavy like my heart. Suddenly, I found myself climbing out of the motel room window, an oversized hoodie and socks. The cold bit at my skin, but there was only one thing on my mind.

Penny walked in front of me, and I followed. He could be leading me to my death but I felt deep down that I needed to follow him. He made his way into the dark woods, my mind completely blank. Like I was in a love trance.

The soft soil of the earth dampened my socks as the eerie sounds of the dark surrounded us. My hair flew neatly behind me, the air chilling my bones. Everything felt like it was going in slow motion, my eyes never leaving Penny as he trudged forwards. Answer. I wanted answers.

I felt my thighs ache, and soon realized we were walking up a hill, the tip dimly lit by the crisp moonlight. I continued to walk, consistent with my steps. I looked over Penny, realizing it was some sort of cliff. I felt danger, danger right in my face, but I wanted it. I wanted it so bad.

The air was dripping with silence, but I wasn't scared of it anymore. It didn't fill me with dread, it didn't fill me with bitterness.

The wind blew harshly at us as we stood at the top of hill. I looked over, seeing some type of abandoned carnival. I looked at Penny, confused and amused. He continued to look down, and soon the cliff was now illuminated with colorful lights. Soft carnival music echoed in the air, surrounding us with its melancholy notes. I looked back down and my eyes widened when I realized the whole carnival was lit up, working and everything. I looked closer, squinting my eyes when I realized there was no soul to be found. The carnival looked old, but it was working like new. I looked back at Penny, he gave me a soft blank stare before grabbing me. I felt my body collide against his, the warmth giving me small goosebumps. I felt him leap off of the cliff as I held back screams. He fell perfectly onto the ground with a thud, almost like a cat.

He slowly put me down, as I looked around shaking like a baby. The fall was from high up, but I was glad I was still alive. I felt Penny's large hand wrap around my small one as he began to walk. I followed after, still a bit shaken up.

He walked into the carnival, the music still playing its colorful tune. I looked around, the lights gleaming off my curious eyes. I didn't know if this was controlled by Penny, I suppose it was.

We walked around, my hand grabbing tightly onto Penny's, loving the affection. I looked around constantly, completely mesmerized by everything. It felt like it was just the two of us.

It was just the two of us.

I continued to spin around on the carousel as Penny stared from the outside of the ride. I had been at it for almost half an hour, not growing bored of the spinning ride. I held the half eaten cotton candy in my hand, my lips sticky from the sugary consistency. My other hand held tightly onto the pole in front of me as I sat neatly onto the colorful metal horse. Penny had a slightly amused face as I continued to giggle like a child. I had never been to a carnival, and everything was too much. I let my head rest against the pole, looking at Penny with a blank and innocent face as I passed by. Every time I passed him, it felt like the ride went slower, almost like in slow motion.

Penny was standing next to all the stuffed animals I had "won" but in reality I had just made Penny take them down from the game stands. I felt myself growing more and more tired, but I didn't want the night to end. I continued to let my head rest against the pole, my eyes fighting to stay open. I let them close for a split second, but I wasn't able to open them from how tired I was.

In my sleepy state, I was able to concept large warm hands lift me up from the ride. My cotton candy slipping from my hands and onto the floor. I heard Penny walking, but my body was to weak to feel anything specific. I didn't even know how he was carrying me and I was too tired to care. I heard the carnival music grow more and more distant, fading away. I could sense the darkness around us as Penny continued to walk.

I didn't know why he had brought me to this carnival and who it belonged to but it was something I would always carry with me. The colorful memories and vibrant sounds. The way Penny smiled slightly every time I laughed or got excited over the smallest things. I knew it was his way of showing affection, something he was still new at. It was just the both of us, like I wanted it to be forever. We didn't talk much, just let the sounds of fun do all the talking. He stood there watching me ride the carousel for almost 40 minutes, not growing impatient. The way the ride spun slowly every time I passed him. It was like it had a mind of its own. I could see amusement in his face, it was too difficult to hide. I wanted to stay there forever. To stay in such a happy place with him. Nobody else but the two us, surrounded by all the colorful lights and music. I didn't want to leave.

I felt my body grow heavy against his as the seconds passed by. I felt something hard against my cheek, his shoulder. His large hands were wrapped around me, keeping me in place against his body. I wanted to wake up, to go back and spend more time with him. I wanted to look at him and thank him. I wanted to be with him for the rest of the night and all the other nights that came after.

I felt Penny crawl upwards and assumed he was jumping into the window of my motel room. The quietness of the room was comforting, only making me sleepier. I felt something soft against my back, the bed. I screamed at myself to open my eyes, to wake up, but I was far too tired. My body was betraying me. I could still feel Penny's presence in the room, I felt his eyes on my sleeping body. After about a minute, the presence was gone. My heart ached at his disappearance. I wanted to go with him, wherever he was going, even if it was towards the edge of the world. I would follow him.

I didn't know how long I had slept, but it was still dark out when I snapped my eyes open. I sat up quickly, looking around frantically, looking for any sign of Penny. I felt sadness slip through my bones when I didn't see him. My room was thick with silence, the air cold outside.

My hand brushed something soft beside me. I sat frozen, my fingertips electrified at the touch. I slowly looked down at my bed. I felt happiness rush through me when I saw what I was hoping for.

All the stuffed animals from the carnival.

They were laying neatly beside me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Congrats to the winner of my giveaway! They decided to stay anonymous but I really do hope you enjoy the gift my love!🎈

Thank you for everyone who participated and I really wish I had a thousand penny gifts to give to you all! I appreciate you all very much and I hope you guys have/had a wonderful day!💕