Chapter 23

I swallowed hard at penny's words. He sounded really upset, almost dangerous. I sat still where I was as penny's growls echoed through the room.

"Penny, you need to calm down" I said trying to negotiate with him. He didn't answer me and instead continued to stare me down. What did I expect? He was a monster with territorial and possessive tendencies. He didn't like his things being messed with. They were his and they were to stay his. It was in his nature to be like that and I couldn't blame him.

"Please" I pleaded with him as I saw his hands clench and unclench in anger. Although he was thoroughly upset, I couldn't help but notice how attractive and dangerous he looked. But maybe I was getting a little too cocky on the idea of him not killing me no matter what I did.

"Come here" I said as I beckoned him to come over. I knew he wouldn't comply with my orders but it was worth a shot.

"You'll both pay" he snarled before walking away, disappearing right after.

I sat dazed and confused at what had just happened. I felt chills run down my spine as I kept repeating penny's last words in my head. You'll both pay.

~~~~~~

"Ouch!" I yelped as my finger brushed past the hot pan. I had decided to make myself dinner in order to
comfort my nerves from earlier.

The kitchen was steamy as the water continued to boil. I opened the pantry, humming to no song in particular as I looked for the pasta. Once my eyes landed on it, I grabbed the box and took it out of the shelve.

I closed the pantry and turned around to return to my cooking. My heart stopped beating and the box of pasta fell from my hands as I saw Penny standing in the middle of the living room. He was drenched in fresh blood, from a recent kill. He still had the same angry expression on his face and my knees weakened the sight.

"You're back" I said nervously as I picked up the box from the floor, not taking my eyes off of him. I shut the stove off as I knew I wouldn't get back to cooking in a while.

"Yes doll" he said in a raspy voice as his chest rises and fell from his heavy breathing.

"It was a fighter" I said referring to his kill that had obviously left Penny out of breath.

"He was indeed" he said followed by a dark chuckle.

"Male, again?" I asked trying to ease the tension between us. I wanted to start a conversation to make him forget about being angry.

"Oh he had it coming for him" Penny said with a wave of his hand. He looked so happy and proud of his recent hunt.

"You have a blacklist?" I chuckled nervously as I was catching on to what he meant. I just needed to hear him say it.

After a moment of silence I spoke up again.

"Did he at least taste ok?"
I said with a disgusted face. I felt my hands become clammy and nervousness crept its way up my body.

"Derek wasn't all too bad" he said as his sinister smile began to creep itself onto his face.

My face fell immediately at his words.

"How could you?" I asked quietly as Penny began to growl at my disapproval.

"I warned you, doll" he snapped and that's when I realized his sharp teeth and claws were still very visible and prominent on his body.

"He was my friend" I whispered as I fought back tears. I didn't want to cry over Derek in front of Penny because I knew that would only make him grow angrier.