Chapter 10

I woke up to light snoring right next to my ear. I got up confused as my eyes adjusted to the dark. I looked at my clock that read "11:25pm" I had been asleep since 2 pm. The snoring sound continued and my body panicked as I looked down and I saw Penny laying there peacefully asleep. I relaxed at the sight as he continued to sleep. My heart melted at how perfect and innocent he looked. His legs hung at the edge of the bed from how long they were yet he looked so comfortable snuggled into my blankets. My heart felt like it was going to explode from the cuteness. I quietly got up trying not to disturb his sleep, I didn't know how important sleep was to this creature and I didn't want to risk anything. I quietly made my way to my walk in closet changing into some soft shorts and tank top. I tiptoed to my kitchen as I began to crave hot chocolate. The pouring rain outside called for it. I felt so much safer knowing Penny was in the other room, and if I were to do something simple such as scream, he'd come to my rescue.

"Fuck" I cursed at myself as the hot water splashed onto my hand, burning me in the process.

"Nice going idiot" I scolded myself as I turned around to get a napkin. I jumped almost three feet in the air as I saw Penny standing in my bedroom doorway half asleep. He looked like a sleepy child. His eyes were half shut and he looked so groggy.

"Heyyyy" I said gently trying not to trigger him as he continued to look at me with half shut eyes. After a minute of no response, I looked away and continued to make my hot chocolate. I felt his gaze on me and I tried hard not to laugh at his sleepy face expression. He seemed like the type to wake up grumpy.

"What is that" he asked with the same half shut eyes sounding so uninterested.

"Hot cocoa" I said smiling at him as I sipped from my mug. He extended his hand wanting to me to hand him the drink. I raised my eyebrows as I shrugged and handed him the cup.

"You like this?" He asked looking at it with a disgusted face.

"Umm you eat flesh" I said sassily.

He looked up unamused by my response.

"I can smell like it for you" he said referring to the hot chocolate. He then downed the whole drink causing him to gag a bit afterwards. He closed his eyes and suddenly opened them up again. Suddenly the room began to smell strongly of hot chocolate.

"Wow" I said sniffing around at the strong aroma. I looked back at him and felt so much curiosity.

"You don't have to go soon right?" I asked worryingly as I shifted from foot to foot.

"I should" he said making my heart break.

"But I won't" he added making me smile like an idiot.

"I-thank you" I quickly said before I accidentally said 'I love you' again.

He looked at me like he knew what I was thinking before he handed me the mug back walking back into the bedroom. I quickly picked up my mess not wanting hot chocolate anymore.

Penny was sitting on the bed staring blankly at the wall before I joined him.

"You're so tall" I said as he looked down at me with a blank expression.

"I love it" I added earning a smile from him causing my heart to flutter. His hands lazily rested on his lap. I grabbed onto his large hand and placed my little one on it.

"This is what couples do" I said trying to explain my actions.

"I know" he said before looking back at the wall. I could tell he had a hard time showing affection but it was there somewhere deep inside. I cleared my throat awkwardly.