Chapter 46

I walked down the street, letting the small droplets of rain cascade down my now dark hair. My coat felt heavy on my shoulders, but not as heavy as the feeling in my heart. My feet splashed against the puddles, not caring about the mess I made. The town felt like it was moving in slow motion, everyone seeming depressed.

The sound of bells hit my ears as I entered the small store. I made my way to the adequate aisle, my eyes scanning everything within a minute. I grabbed the small box, holding it in my hand, almost embarrassed. I bit my lip all the way to the cash register. I was really glad the store was particularly empty today. I paid for the item, not making eye contact with the cashier. It had been my 5th time this week I had been here purchasing the same thing. I should've stocked up by now.

I made my way out the door, walking down the rainy street, the small black plastic bag swinging on my wrist. I could hear the sounds of bicycles riding by, children's laughter filling the air. My boots made splashing noises beneath me, my hands numb from the cold.

I made the familiar turn, seeing the motel in the distance. I felt more and more nauseous the closer I got. The truth waiting for me behind those 4 walls in my room, on marble floor and white ceilings. I crossed the empty street, the wind picking up as I did. There was going to be another storm soon. I could feel it in the air.

I heard the gravel hit the bottom of my shoes as I got closer to the entrance of the tainted motel. I walked in, the warm air welcoming me instantly. I made a sharp turn, heading for my room as fast as I could. I looked back when I felt a presence. My eyes wandered around the empty hallways that laid behind me, no other soul in sight. I slowly turned back, trying to shake off the feeling of being watched.

My door creaked as it opened, allowing me inside. I quickly made my way to the bathroom, opening the small plastic bag as I did. I closed the bathroom door shut behind me, blocking out the rest of the world.

"Negative" I sighed, relief in my voice. I let my back slide against the wall as I felt all the feeling return to my body. I looked down at the object in my hand.

A pregnancy test.

I was relieved but I also felt a tinge of sadness. I should have been jumping with joy, excited I wasn't pregnant from a demonic clown but I knew if I had a baby, his baby, I'd at least get to keep a part of him.

I'd have a part of him to keep with me as he slept.

I quickly got up after I had my moment of relief. I began to discard of any evidence, not like Penny would know what it was anyways. My period had been late, but I don't even think it was possible to get pregnant from Penny. Right? So then why did I keep buying these pregnancy tests?

I flushed the toilet and made my way to the sink. I let the lavender scented soap pool in my hands as I let the water warm up. I began to wash my hands, letting the soap bubble up. I looked up briefly, expecting to just be met with my reflection but was caught off guard when I saw Penny's tall and lanky figure standing behind me. I quickly shut the water off, turning around to face him as water droplets fell from my soaked hands onto the floor.

Without saying a word, Penny pushed me against the sink, cornering me. It was then I had noticed his eyes were amber. He was hungry. He was pushed so tightly against me, I had to sit on the sink to get some space.

With one swift movement, he tore my shirt off my body. I quickly lowered myself to the ground, letting him take off my pants. After I felt the cool air hit my legs, and saw my jeans ripped apart on the floor, I made my way back onto the sink. Penny didn't seem happy with the location because he quickly picked me up, taking me to the bed.