Chapter 30

I sat in my tub, surrounded in warm water. It had been months since I last saw Penny. 5 to be exact. I thought it would be easier than this, you know.. getting over it, but every time I thought of him, or drank hot chocolate, or even heard bells, my heart ached.

I let my head rest on the edge of the tub as I let it fill me with warmth. I wanted to see him, to take him back, but I wanted him to hurt, and by me ignoring his every plead or tantrum to get me back, I was hurting him. He needed this. He needed to know. He needed to feel.

I sighed as I realized I had been sitting here for hours, my skin pruny from the water.

I got up, grabbing the nearest towel and wrapping it around me. I stepped out of the tub, and almost fell from how dizzy I felt. I had been feeling this for weeks now. Sometimes I would faint.

I gripped onto the sink for support before inhaling deeply. I closed my eyes as I rebalanced myself and then opened them again. I walked into my bedroom slowly, trying not to faint.

My eyes widened as I realized Penny was sitting on my bed. His head was down, not wanting to look at me. It took everything in me not to run into his arms.

"You're starving" he said in a raspy voice, still looking down at his feet. I began to change into warm clothing, as his hands laid neatly on his knees as he spoke. He slowly looked up at me before extending his hand out for me to take.

I bit my lip in hesitance before taking a hold of his hand. He guided me towards his lap as he made me stand between his legs. He opened his mouth without warning and once again his throat was flooded with the evil lights. I looked deep into them and felt my body regain strength. I was in pure bliss every time I looked into them. After a minute or two, he closed up his mouth and stood up.

I looked at him in silence as he regained his composure. I went to reach for him, but he had disappeared before I could touch him.

He had just came to feed me. Nothing less, nothing more. We had just became mutual. I held back tears as I remembered everything we had gone through. I didn't even let him explain the situation with that one girl.

Maybe it wasn't what I thought it was..

I bit my lip and without hesitation, I ran out the door, grabbing my coat on the way.

"I'm not letting you go" I whispered as I ran down the stairs of my building, too impatient to wait for the elevator. I needed to see him, I needed to take back what I said, I needed to hear what he was trying to tell me before. I was too stubborn, he always said that. He was right. I had to push my pride aside.

I ran down the street, letting the cold air sting my lungs. People looked at me weird as I ran past them, but I didn't care. Nobody mattered in this moment, nobody at all but Penny.

I slammed into the old door, opening it with all the strength I had. I bolted inside calling out his name.

I turned every corner and opened every door, but he was nowhere to be found. I rested my back against the wall in defeat. I closed my eyes and sighed heavily. The house smelled putrid. More putrid than usual, it made me gag a couple times.

A sudden sound of bells. I snapped my eyes open.

Penny stood in front of me, mesmerizing and scary like always. The butterflies in my stomach erupted as I realized I hadn't planned what to say to him.

"Doll" he said softly, and that was enough to send me crying into his arms. I sobbed as my legs gave up and Penny was now holding me up against his chest.

"Pe-Penny" I said through sobs as he held me tighter. I was trying to stop the tears but they kept coming. Months of sadness and pain, all coming out at once in this very moment. I gripped onto him as my life depended on it. Afraid to lose him, to lose what we had.