Chapter 39

I woke up with sun beaming at my face. I had forgotten to close the curtains. I sat up, propped on my elbows as I looked towards Rebeca. She was wide awake, typing away at her phone. She turned to look at me when she felt my gaze on her.

"Morning sleepyhead" she laughed as she sat up. I smiled back lazily as I rubbed my eyes.

"What time is it?" I asked as I looked around, squinting at the brightness of the sun.

"Late" Rebeca sighed as she began to gather her things.

"Have to get home" she said with a warm smile. I nodded slowly, a bit sad she was leaving.

"I'll be back later" she said with a bright smile. I smiled back, happy she would be back soon. I walked her out the door, making sure she got down the hallway safely.

I closed my front door and leaned against it, sighing heavily. The silence of my apartment was going to drive me crazy. I looked around, thinking on what to do. I raised my eyebrows when I looked out towards the window. The once sunny day was now glooming with dark clouds that kissed Derry, Maine's skies.

"Guess I'll stay in" I said laughing at my dumb excuse. I decided to clean around and do some laundry, maybe catch up on some homework. I let my song playlist flow around the small apartment. I didn't want to hear the silence anymore.

It had been hours and I had caught up on everything except homework. I sat comfortably in my bed, typing away on my laptop. I clicked the browser pages trying to go back to another link. My heart stopped when it I realized I had a left a page open. I clicked on it with shaky fingers.

Shape shifting creatures

I held my breath as I read the google entry. I slowly dragged the mouse icon onto the x button, wanting to click out of it. The soft snapping sound of my keyboard and it was gone. I exhaled all the air I had trapped, letting my lungs relax.

I raised the volume on the speaker, feeling the silence begin to overwhelm me. I continued to work on my essay, trying to forget the small incident, not wanting to make it a bigger deal than it was.

I was halfway done by this point and I felt myself growing tired even though it was only 6:39 pm. My eyelids fought to close, but I didn't wanna sleep. Not yet.

I laid my head against the headboard, remembering all the times I had held onto it when I shared those intimate sessions with Penny. I began to imagine his hands on my skin, his fingertips brushing against the most sensitive parts of my body, making me shiver. The way he growled when he was in complete pleasure. The way his fingers tasted in my mouth, on my tongue. I felt my body grow hot at these thoughts of Penny.

"Jesus Christ" I sighed as I sat up quickly, not wanting to sleep anymore. I walked towards my shower, turning it on. I let the cold water fall down the drain. I sat in the middle of the tub, fully clothed, as I let the cold water soak me. I held my legs up to my chest, as I looked forward, my clothes and hair growing heavy from the water.

"Hold on" I lied to myself as I shivered from the cold water. I stayed there for a couple minutes, wanting to cool off my body, my mind.

I got out, dripping wet. I took off my soaked clothes, and took them into the laundry. I looked at the washing machine as it trembled. I laid my elbows onto the machine, looking at the wall. My robe held tightly onto my body, keeping me warm.

I felt a pair of clothed hands touch my thigh gently. I gasped at the sensation, turning around immediately. I looked around the small room confused when I didn't see anyone, but the touch felt all too familiar. I hoisted myself up, sitting on top of the washer. I let my head fall back, closing me eyes. I could imagine everything so perfectly. Penny standing in front of me, glowing eyes. His hand swiftly parted my legs apart slowly, the heat within me growing immensely. Our eyes locked onto one other, filled with lust. Feeling my robe slip off my body, leaving me bare for Penny to see. His growls so loud, and he hadn't even touched me yet. I felt like I was stilling sitting in the tub, soaking wet. His fingers slowly made their way into my lips, the taste lingering on my tongue. I moaned against his glove, sounding muffled. I felt his hand snake up my leg, inches from my core. He pushed my robe aside, leaving me exposed for him. I bit down onto his fingers in anticipation as I felt his fingertip brush gently against my sensitive flesh.