Chapter 14

Breezeblocks- alt-j

I woke up in disappointment as I realized Penny wasn't laying next to me. Annoyed, I made my way to the kitchen as I began to make scrambled eggs and pancakes. Penny usually stayed with me throughout the whole night, making me raise an eyebrow but I didn't over think it. After I was done cooking, I sat at the dining table by myself diving straight into my food. I almost choked when I saw Penny standing at the doorway looking at me heavily. He didn't seem like himself.

"Penny? I asked worryingly as I placed my fork down, not breaking eye contact with him.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I gulped.

"Not me" he said shortly.

"What?" I asked growing more concerned by the second.

"This is not me" he said pointing at the bedroom.

"Penny what the hell are you talking about?" I asked getting up from my seat. I tried making my way over to him, just wanting to hold him.

I gasped as he shoved me away before I could wrap my arounds him. I stumbled back in shock and confusion at his sudden change of demeanor.

"What's wrong with y-" I began to say before he growled loudly causing me to stop mid sentence. He looked so angry and violent. He began to slowly walk towards me, hunger in his eyes.

"Penny stop" I warned coming out more like a plead.

His hands grasped my shoulders roughly before pushing me towards the wall, cornering me. Drool began to fall heavily from his mouth. He growled repeatedly causing me to shake in fear. I turned my head completely to the side trying not to look at him in such an evil demeanor but I could see him perfectly in my peripheral vision. I fought back tears as he began to mock my fear.

"Booooo you're scared" he said as his jaw twitched from how tightly he was clenching it. My heart pounded in my chest as his grip on my shoulders tightened. I could feel sweat starting to form on my forehead. I felt as if I was about to throw up the breakfast I had just ate. The sweet smell of hot cocoa he used to claim was now turned into a sour foul smell. 

"He's just hungry" I mentally told myself trying to rationalize his actions.

"This isn't you" I said in between gritted teeth.

"No" he said.

"You made me into something I'm NOT" he continued.

"I'm a monster and that's what I intend to be!" he snapped before he growled loudly in my face. He suddenly let me go but I stayed where I was, in fear of him attacking me again. He began to slam into things, acting like a rabid animal. My eyes stayed on him as his growls became more and more prominent. He snapped his head towards me before his hand made its way to my neck. Before his hand could wrap around my throat, it changed its course and slammed loudly against the wall behind me instead, causing me to jump slightly. He leaned down dangerously close to my face as he hissed aggressively.

"Stay away from me" he said as I closed my eyes in hurt and fear. The tears began to fall down my cheeks at his words. I opened them slowly as I realized he had disappeared once again. I slid down the wall bringing my knees to my chest as I sobbed uncontrollably. I was shaking at this point and all I could feel was the sound of my heart pounding in my ears.

"Why" I asked through my crying hoping Penny could hear me but I knew he was far gone by this point. I sat there as my sobs became whimpers, letting my chest relax.

I wiped my face and made my way immediately to my room. My heart broke a little more as there was no sign of Penny. A part of me hoped he would be there like he usually was so that I could cuddle against him and cry about what was hurting me. But he wasn't there and he couldn't comfort me, because this time he was the one who had hurt me.