Chapter 34

I woke up from a horrendous nightmare once again. The last couple of days I had been jolted awake from terrible images flashing in my mind. I looked around and realized I was no longer in the Neibolt house but instead in my bed. It was dark out but my room was dimly lit by a candle. A candle I never lit up.

I slowly made my way off the bed, my body aching in pain. I felt sticky and gross and I just wanted to get in the shower.

I stumbled into my bathroom, turning the tub faucet on slowly. I kept looking behind me to check if Penny was there. I was on edge the whole time.

I slowly sat in the warm water, my aching body relaxing a bit. I gripped onto the side of the tub as I winced in pain. I felt useless and vulnerable. I looked straight ahead, letting my body be soaked into the foamy water.

My eyes widened as I heard a shuffling sound come from my bedroom. I swallowed hard, not trying to make a single sound.

I almost cried at the sight of Penny standing in the doorway. I looked away, tears threatening to spill as I squinted and bit my lip in agitation.

"No more.. please" I said softly as I held tightly onto the tub. I could hear his bells jingle, a sound I used to be fond of, as he made his way to me.

I flinched hard when his gloved hand made contact with my face. He began to stroke my cheek softly, purrs emerging from within him.

I looked at him with sadness in my eyes, silent. He wasn't meeting his eyes to mine. We let the silence surround us. It wasn't uncomfortable or tense, it was just simple silence.

I brushed the water in front of me, causing ripples to flow all the way to the end of the tub, where my feet touched.

Penny continued to look at me as I felt his gaze burning on me. I slowly turned to look at him, with a completely blank face.

"Why are you here?" I asked quietly as water droplets fell from my fingertips and onto the marbled floor.

Penny didn't answer, instead he stood up and began walking over to the door. He looked at me one last time before walking out, disappearing completely.

I was enveloped in complete silence once again but I didn't mind it. I wanted to be far from him. Very far. Or so I thought...

I slowly closed my apartment door, almost scared that I wasn't allowed to go out like a normal human being and run errands, but Penny hadn't stopped me so I left.

I walked down the street, trying to act as if everything was normal and I hadn't been kept hostage by an evil child eating monster for days. I held tightly onto my purse as I walked into the store.

I walked around the small and silent store as I held onto the things I was going to buy.

"Shampoo, check" I said to myself as I held the familiar white bottle in my hand. I heard the door ring as someone walked in. I didn't pay mind to it and continued to shop around.

I felt a large hand grab me roughly, engulfing me in a hug. The scent on the person was very familiar. A little too familiar.

"Omg" I whimpered as I tried squeezing myself out of their hold.

I looked up into those familiar grey eyes.

"Jordan" I croaked. He quickly grabbed my shoulders, guiding me towards a more secluded area in the store. I left my basket of errands behind, completely distracted by the situation.

"You need to get out of here!" I said as I tried pushing him out of the store.

"No, no no, you don't have to worry anymore!" He said with a big smile on his face. I looked at him confused before shaking my head.