Chapter 13

I snuggled into the covers as the scary movie played on my tv. I had set up a bunch of blankets on the couch in my living room. It was Halloween night  and I decided to stay in.

"No" I yelped as I brought the blankets to my face, covering my eyes in the process. The shrieks of the woman who had just gotten stabbed in the shower echoed out of the tv into my empty living room. I jumped at the sudden sound of my phone ringing. I sighed in embarrassment as I read my mothers caller ID across the screen.

"Hey mom" I said happily into the phone as I paused the movie.

"Hey sweetie, just wanted to remind you about your flight" she said through the phone.

"Mom that's not until another couple of weeks"
I chuckled at my moms worry.

"I know honey, but you know how important thanksgiving is to our family" she responded.

"I know I know" I said as I smiled looking out into the darkness outside my house. After half an hour of talking with my mom, we decided to hang up in order for her to go to bed.

I pressed play on the remote, as the movie continued to play. My curtains were a bit drawn back, allowing me to see the creepy shadows the trees made against the darkness outside. I hesitantly got up making my way towards the window in order to close the curtains shut. I was about to close them when something glowing caught my eyes. I squinted hard trying to make out what it was. My heart stopped as I realized it was a pair of eyes. I stumbled backwards, keeping my eyes locked on the window. And just like that in a blink of an eye, the glowing eyes disappeared.

"Hey there sweets" I heard the voice say behind me. I turned around causing me to jump 3 feet in the air.

"OMG" I screamed as I slammed my hand onto my chest, gasping for air.

"DONT DO THAT!" I scowled in anger as Penny stood in front of me with a cheesy grin on his face. I made my way to the couch and snuggled into the warm blankets as I kept my eyes locked on him.

He made his way towards me, instantly scooping me out of my comfortable position and setting me on his lap.

"You're cold" he said as he gently touched my skin, raising goosebumps.

"Am I?" I said shrugging it off as his hands felt like heaven on my skin. I bit my lip as I stared at him. His eyes were looking down at my petite body frame, continuing to lightly touch the exposed  skin on my  arms and thighs.

"Anyways" he said interrupting the moment before looking at me. His hands left my skin as he placed them neatly on either side of his body.

"It's that night again where all these kids dress up" he said sounding rather annoyed.

"And I can't eat anyyyyy" he whined looking at me.

"No penny, those are children! Little innocent souls who do not deserve to be eaten by your sharp teeth" I said scolding him.

"Yeah yeah" he said waving his hand in the air trying to belittle my statement. I huffed in response as I got up from his lap to face him. I stood in front of him trying to look intimidating but all it seemed to do was amuse him.

"PROMISE you won't eat any children tonight or any other night" I said pointing my index finger at him with a stern look on my face.

"Bu-" he began to say before I snapped again.

"PENNY PROMISE" I said getting anxious and angry.

"Whatever you desire darling" he said with a toothy grin making me give him a suspicious look.