Chapter Five

About twenty minutes later there was a knock at the front door. I shook Bella awake gently.

"Daddy's here." I said when she opened her sleepy eyes.

She was still half asleep when I picked her up, her head lolling on my shoulder.

I opened the door to reveal a smiling Harry.

"Oh...is she asleep?" he poured slightly.

"Well it IS late." I laughed, stepping aside to let him in.

"But I still wanted to see her." he was still pouting.

I rolled my eyes.

"You're such a baby Harry."

He rolled his eyes at me.

"No. I'm not a baby. I'm a dad. It's different."

I looked down at Bella.

"Yeah...it is.."

We didn't say anything for awhile, we kind of just watched Isobelle move around in her sleep. She talked a little bit, like Harry.

"She's a lot like you, you know." I told him.

He sighed.

"I know. I don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.."

He finally turned and looked at me.

"Why did you keep this from me though? Obviously Louis knew, but why couldn't I? I would have tried to help. Or something."

"Harry, you've always dreamed of being a singer. And you finally got that. Being a dad wasn't something you wanted then. It would have ruined your career. I couldn't do that to you."

He looked at me, shocked.

"what about when I came back?!"

"Isobelle was 2 by then. I didn't want to confuse her. She...at that time she thought my boyfriend was her dad, and she was okay with it, but one day, she just figured out he wasn't daddy, and she wanted to see her daddy.."

Harry looked at me.

"Your boyfriend..?"

I looked down.

"yeah...his names alexander."

Neither of us said anything, and I guess it was awkward.

"Does he know about you and me?" Harry asked finally.

I nodded. Other than Lou Alexander was the only person who knew everything.

Harry jumped up at this.

"So now Lou AND some random guy knee before I did?!" he yelled. Isobelle stirred in my arms but luckily didn't wake up.

"Harry I'm sorry! How many times do you want me to say it?! I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry! I wish I could go back and fix things! I wish I had called you the second I found out but I was scared. I was scared and by myself. God Harry I loved you so much, and you just left. And everyday I'd see you on the Telly or some magazine with different girls. How was I supposed to tell Bella that THAT was daddy. The boy with all the other girls. so. I told her Alex was daddy. Because he was here with her. Kept her safe. LOVED her."

I was crying at this point, and I knew I look absolutely terrible, but oh well.

Harry sighed, rubbing his temple slightly.

"Luce? Can we just....start over?"

"What do you mean?"

Harry looked at me meaningfully and the stuck his hand out, smiling.

"Hi love, I'm Harry Styles." he said.

I looked at his hand for a moment. This may actually work out..