Chapter 47

~*Harry's POV*~ 

I was pacing around my apartment, Bella and the boys watching me worriedly. It had been 5 days since Lucy had gotten on the plane. 2 days since pictures of her and Louis kissing in New York were all over the news. And one hour since Simon called us into a meeting, informing me that the State of New York had faxed over paperwork, stating that mine and Lucy's divorce was finalized, and that she was officially no longer my wife. She was gone....for real now.  

"Harry....I'm...I'm sure this is a mistake..." Liam said quietly from the couch where he was holding Bella. 

"Oh really now? Really Liam? New York happened to send the wrong paperwork from the wrong Lucy Martin to the wrong Harry Styles through Simon Cowell?! This is all just a paperwork mistake?! Do tell me, how that works." I yelled at him. 

He winced and shrank back against the couch. I regretted yelling at him. But I was....numb? Hurt? Angry? Betrayed? Broken? I can't even find the damn words to explain this. 

"Why don't you guys just...go." I said, "I really really need to be alone.." I mumbled. 

They all looked at me skeptically, obviously not thinking that this was a good idea. 

"I can take Bella." Niall said after a moment of awkard silence. 

The boys awkwardly shuffled out of the flat, leaving me alone, in the silence. 

~*Lucy's POV*~ 

I made a mistake. And a huge one. But sitting in the office in New York, maybe 40 minutes after pulling Louis off of the sidewalk, I felt like it was my only option. 

"I need you to sign here, and here, and initial here." the lawyer said, marking off on the paperwork in front of me. 

This was it. Funny how this worked in America, your spouse didn't even need to be present for divorce, they would be informed, but they didnt have to be a part of this. After I signed these papers, the divorce would be finalized, and the lawyer said that she would send the papers to inform Harry of the situation. 

Louis gripped my right hand tightly, as I signed the papers with me other hand. When I was done I slid the papers back over to the woman, who didn't even glance at them, just slid them into a folder. 

"Alright Miss Martin. I will have these signed and stamped by Judge Reynolds, and as of tomorrow, it will all be official and sent off to Mr. Styles. Any questions?" she asked in an annoying, bored, nasally voice. 

I shook my head. 

"Alright, do you know how to get out?" 

Without another word I stood up and pulled Louis out. That woman was so rude! No smiles, no anything just, 'sign here now get out.' Like what the hell!? 

"I cant believe I actually did that." I breathed once we were out of the office. 

Louis gave my hand a light squeeze. 

"Love, it was for the best. You never wanted that anyway. I'm so proud of you." He pulled me into a tight hug. 

I clung to him, rocking back and forth. I felt numb. But this time I couldnt just go back and apologize and things would be fixed. I had just pretty much separated myself permanently from a boy who loved me, who TRULY loved me, and gave me so many second chances. 

Maybe that's why I did it. Because I was scared. Scared of the future, and of the chance of him leaving me again. Scared of loving him. Scared of us. So did that make me weak? Did that make me a coward? Well, I was definitely a coward since I ran away and left my family in England. But then...I was here, with Louis. With a potential family; with our baby. No, I wasnt going to go and run off and get married here, I wasn't even officially out of my first marriage yet. But...since I had tried things with Harry, was it really so wrong to want to give things with Louis a try? 

"Where are you staying? Because I'm at the Hilton." Louis said. 

"I'm at the Hilton too." I laughed, slipping my hand into his. 

"Interesting.." he smirked, pulling me along beside him. 

~*Niall's POV*~ 

This was all my fault. I never should have helped her to leave. If I had...had told Harry when she first brought up leaving, he could have tried to stop her, could have talked to her. Then...Harry wouldnt be the Zombie that he was right now. 

"Uncle Niall can we get food?" Bella asked from her carseat in the back of my car. 

"Sure thing Bells! Where to?" 

"NANDOS!" she exclaimed. 

I chuckled to myself. 

I had trained this child well. 

~*Liam's POV*~ 

I cant believe this was actually happening. When I got home, I pulled out my laptop, and logged onto skype. Lucy was online. I called her, and to my surprised, she actually answered. 

"Hey Li!" She grinned, like nothing had happened. 

Like she didn't have any clue of the heartbreak that Harry would be feeling. 

"How could you do that?!" I exclaimed, abandoning my normally calm and understanding demeanor, just coming straight out at her. 

She looked taken aback for a moment before realization flashed across her face. 

"Simon got the papers." she said simply. 

"Yeah. He did. And what the hell are you wearing??" 

Peering closer into the camera, I saw a shirt on her that looked familiar, but wasn't hers. I couldn't remember who's it was though. 

"Just a shirt." she mumbled, hitching it up higher self consciously. 

I stared harder at the screen, focusing on that shirt. Now I remembered. It was a shirt that Niall had given Louis for Christmas last year. Lou wore it all the time, because of the stripes. I felt kind of stupid, that I didn't get right away that the striped shirt was Lou's. 

"Are you trying to rub your new relationship in Harry's face? Sleeping with his best friend? Really Lucy?" I growled. 

Her eyes narrowed. 

"The papers were clear. Harry and I are over. I can do whatever I want..." 

I sighed. 

"Lucy...is this really what you want though? You know how he feels about you, and I know that you felt the same way." 

Her face scrunched up, fighting back tears. 

"You dont understand Li." she said before ending the call, leaving me alone. 

She was right. I didn't understand. And I couldn't until she let me. I needed her to help me understand this. To save my best friend...

(A/N) 

THIS IS NOT THE END. To all you Harry/Lucy fans, DONT HATE ME, I know this looks really bad. But this is not over. So don't think that. Just....a little dramatic twist. I know I said I wouldn't update, but I'm stealing wifi here (such a rebel, I know) I hope to get more votes with this one, so vote and comment<3 PLEASE. (: it means a lot. I love reading your comments. They make my day<3 and give me a reason to keep writing.