Chapter Twenty-Seven

~*Louis' POV*~

I stumbled down the street to Liam's apartment. It was one block over, so there was no point in driving, but it felt like so much farther as my feet dragged along the pavement.

Was Lucy okay? Liam wouldn't have called me unless it was something important. She had been upset when she left my apartment. Well. Okay. No shit she had been upset. I can't believe she saw that. I never wanted her to see that. And I couldn't explain it to her to make her understand. Because she wouldn't understand. She would think I was crazy. And then just leave me. Again. Go back to her precious Harry.

Harry. My jaw clenched at the thought of him. Why did he always get the girl? Why? It wasn't fair. Yes. We were friends. But Lucy was mine first. I made that VERY clear before he met her. That...she was just mine, and he couldn't have her. But of course, being Harry, he had to try. Try to take her. Try to make her his. And it worked. And...and now, it was like...I didn't even have a best friend anymore.

My eyes started to burn, but I wouldn't cry. Not over some girl. Ugh. But it wasn't just "some girl." It was Lucy. MY Lucy. I slumped up Liam's steps, not knocking, just letting myself in.

"What's wrong with Lucy?" I asked, leaning against the counter, feeling very exhausted all of a sudden.

Liam looked at me uncertainly, his eyes debating whether or not to tell me whatever it was.

"Uhm. Now might not be the best time Lou.." he began, so I slammed my fist on the counter.

"LIAM! Just fucking tell me!" I yelled.

Liam jumped, but then looked down nervously at his hands.

"You slept with Lucy."

I stared at him blankly.

How the hell did he know that? She didn't tell him. She wouldn't tell him that. That would make her look bad. It would ruin her pristine image.

"I...no...we didn't. I didn't...do anything with her. I have a girlfriend.."

"Oh Louis just save it. I know you slept with her. Before the whole Harry thing. Dont even try to deny it I know you did it."

I stared at him. Angrily.

"Fine, okay? One time. Happy? Doesn't even fucking matter anymore. She has Harry. She doesn't want me anymore. Why does this matter?! Why are you even bringing this up?!"

"She's pregnant Lou."

My breathing stopped. Everything just...stopped.

No.

"Liam. I am NOT in the mood to deal with this right now.."

"Louis I'm not joking. Go check the test, its in the bathroom. She just took it. Its yours."

I just stared at him.

There was no humor in his eyes. No smirk hidden there. He was 100% serious...

"Why did she tell you?! Why not me...?" I breathed, starting to shake.

"She was afraid your 'girlfriend' would find out, and be upset." he put air quotes up when he said girlfriend. "Who is the lovely lass anyway? Because getting with her sure shook Lucy up."

I groaned, putting my head in my hands.

"Her name's Carly. She's...she doesn't matter. I honestly don't know why im with her. Its stupid. I...shit...does Harry know?"

He. Would. Kill. Me.

Shit. Shitshitshitshitshitshit. I did not want to have to face him if he found out...oh god. He would destroy me.

"She uhm...well. See....she was going to tell him eventually. Just...tell him it was his instead of yours..."

I stared at him again.

"She wouldn't do that. Now you're lying Li. Right? Please tell me...it's a joke? She's hiding here somewhere. Laughing. Luuuuucy? Where are you? Come on out this isn't funny anymore. Lucy! Come on I'm not mad at you anymore."

I was circling around the living room, looking behind the couch and under the chairs, desperately looking for her.

"Louis, Louis stop! Come on. You've got to stop now. She's not here. She left. Come on Lou. No. Come on. I'm putting you to bed. Come on."

I stumbled along dumbly beside him as he dragged me to his room.

I got my best friend pregnant and she was too embarrassed by me to tell people it was mine. She was using Harry as a cover up because I wasn't good enough for her. I was never good enough. She just wanted me to get to Harry. That was it...

~*Lucy's POV*~

When I got back to my apartment Harry and Bella were still out. Harry didn't leave a note saying where he was, but he had cleaned up the kitchen and everything, so, at least there wasn't a mess waiting for me.

I changed into a pair of sweatpants and pulled on one of Harry's sweatshirts. Perk of living with Harry; I got to steal his clothes and wear them whenever, and I had the perfect excuse to do so. I snuggled up on the couch, Harry's sweatshirt sleeves dangling past my hands, my rainbow crocheted blanket tucked up around me, turning on Titanic. I loved that movie. Every time I had a bad day when I was younger, Louis would come over with a tub of mint chocolate chip ice-cream, and this movie, and we would watch it over and over again, crying when Jack died, and stuffing out faces.

Oh gosh. Louis...

Tears slipped out of my eyes as I thought about him, and I gingerly touched my stomach, knowing that you couldn't see anything yet, but in a few simple weeks time, you'd be able to tell. And that scared me so badly. How could I have been so careless?! I mean sure. Harry wasn't back in the picture yet. But I should have been more careful. I buried my face in my sweatshirt sleeves, letting the tears fall, body shaking as I cried silently.

I had lost my best friend. Forever pretty much. He hated me. And when I needed him the most, he was gone. I laid there limply on the couch, staring blankly at the tv, not really watching it, but just...seeing it there. I needed Louis....I needed him so badly...

(A/N) OHMYGOD. LIAM TOLD. That loser >_