Chapter Twenty-Nine

I woke up in a warm bed, feeling safe, and happy. I couldn't remember the last time I had woken up like this. I was wearing one of Louis's t-shirts, which fit me quite nicely, and a pair of his boxers because everything else of mine was completely drenched from the rain.

Louis was awake, his right arm around me, the left one gently stroking my face, his eyes wandering over my face, watching me closely, carefully. But not in a way that made me uncomfortable. Usually when people looked at me it freaked me out. I hate attention, and people watching me. But with Louis it was different. I craved his eyes on me, the feel of him touching me. I needed it. Like I needed air.

My left arm was draped loosely over his hip, my other hand tracing circles on his abdomen.

"Liam told me." Louis said in a low voice, his chest rumbling against my hand as he spoke.

I said nothing. I had...nothing to say. I couldn't say anything. I was afraid if I opened my mouth I would start crying again.

"Lucy. I need to know if its true..I need to know. Was Liam telling me the truth? Is it mine?"

He moved his hand from my face to my chin, tilting it up so I was looking at him.

"Please." he whispered, his blue eyes looking down at me, so...pained.

"It's true." I whispered, looking down, ashamed. "Ohmygod I'm so sorry Louis. I'm so so sorry." I cried, trying to sit up and move away from him.

I had just...pretty much ruined any chance at our friendship being fixed. This whole mess was my fault. Because I was just..some dumb slut.

But Louis wouldn't let me go. His grip was stronger than mine, and no matter how hard I tugged against his hands, he wouldn't let me off of the bed.

"Why couldn't you just come to me and tell me!? Why did you tell Liam and not me?!" he asked, not sounding angry, just...confused.

I sniffed, and wiped my nose on my arm.

"I..I wasn't sure. Until I was talking things through with Liam. And things just started to click in my mind, and I realized I had...well. Yeah. Realized things, and was like, 'oh shit, the only person's it could be is Louis' because Harry couldnt have gotten me pregnant from the day before, and...well. like...i bought a test, and it was positive, but i dont know for certain. the test could have been wrong. it was only a cheap drugstore test. I dont know for sure until I can get to the doctor's."

Louis still had a tight grip on my wrists, holding me closely to him.

"Harry can't know." I said firmly, staring him hard in the eyes.

Louis' eyes darkened.

"Why not? You DIDNT cheat on him. This was before him. He needs to know! He would find out eventually, it's not like you can hide a baby."

I looked down to the bed.

"No..I can't hide a baby. But I could always just tell him it's his and he'd never know."

Louis looked at me like I was crazy. The same way Liam had looked at me when I told him the same thing.

"Are you really that embarassed by me? That it's so impossible to imagine having the world know you're having my kid?" he asked in a low voice, and it wa the first time I had ever heard him talk to me like that.

"Louis, you and I both know, that if anything got out, it wouldn't be the truth. it would be a story on how awful of a person I am. How I cheated on Harry, and it would most certainly cause problems with your fans. It could risk your career. Yours AND Harry's. I..do not want to risk something so big, for one little baby. Yeah, you and I can know. Liam knows. But if Harry knows, he'll do something rash, and it will blow up. If ANYONE finds out. Everything is over. I can't risk the band just for people to find out you and I had a thing."