Chapter Sixty

~*Louis' POV*~ 

--Three Days Later-- 

I sat there nervously, my laptop in front of me, staring at my skype. She was online. I saw it right there. 'Lucy Styles'. 

She had never changed it. Even after the divorce, she just left it like that. Because she never really used it. Whenever we skyped with the other boys, she would use my skype. So she had no need to get on to worry about changing it. 

"Come on Lou. You can do it. It's alright. I'm not gonna be in the room; so just...say what you need to say to her. You need to do this. To get your mind off of things.'' Eleanor encouraged me, rubbing small circles on my back. 

I missed Lucy. Desperately. I just...wanted to hear her voice...Sure. I still heard her singing on the radio. But whenever I go out in public, people are asking me where she is, and if we're still together, and asking who Eleanor is. So, I pretty much just have to tell them that Lucy is on a little holiday, visiting family, she's a little shaken up still about the death of Nolan. And that Eleanor is a friend. 

Which is partially true. Lucy is shaken up. At least she was the last time I saw her. She was with Harry and the boys; who were pretty much her family. And Eleanor was a friend. Because we weren't dating. Although I would very much like to date her. And be a lot more than friends with her. But at the moment, things are just too hectic, and Eleanor said to wait. 

Always the sensible one. But that's one of the things I like best about her. She's sensible, sophisticated, fun,  spontaneous, funny, cute, intelligent, and she puts up with me and all my antics. I don't know a lot of people who would do that. Except...well..Lucy... 

Groaning, I dropped my head into my hands. 

"Alright El. I'll try it." I mumbled. 

She smiled and pressed a kiss to my temple. 

"I'll be in the living room, alright? Just..come out when you're ready love." she told me before standing up off the bed and traipsing off to the living room. 

I watched her walk out, noting how she walked. She was so....graceful. When she walked, it honestly was like she was dancing. Lucy was the same way. When she- 

I cut my thoughts off. I couldn't keep doing this. I kept comparing Eleanor to Lucy. But...it was a good way, right? I mean. I wasn't saying that El was bad because she was different. I was...noticing and appreciating her differences. And thought they were good. And made her unique....

Either way. I couldn't keep comparing her to Lucy. Otherwise I was never going to get over her...

But should I actually call her? What if she ignores it? What if she's mad at me? What if she hates me? What if she... 

I hit the 'video call' button. 

I promised El I'd do this. 

I have to do it. 

For her. 

I'd feel terribly guilty if I didn't. So I might as well get this over with. 

It rang. And rang. And rang. And rang. 

And I thought nothing was going to happen. 

But then she answered. 

It took a couple of seconds, I could hear her shuffling around before I saw her; but finally, her oh so familiar face popped up on the screen. She looked confused. And tired.