Chapter Thirty-One

Louis was here now, and I was sitting on the couch, pretending to watch the tv. Louis' was more concerned about whoever he was texting, and HAD been texting since the moment he walked through the door. I really didn't mind at this point. I had a lot on my mind anyway...

What was I doing with Louis. Yeah. Okay. He'd been there for me through a lot, but the longer I kept him around, the less willing I was to give Harry a chance. And that wasn't fair to Harry. He was actually trying with me, and was hardly getting anything in return, yet, he kept trying. Honestly. I was treating him like dirt.

But....stupid Liam. Stupid stupid Liam told Louis the secret that he was never meant to know. I wasn't mad at Li...I coulndn't be. I was just...upset he hadn't trusted me to try to handle it on my own.

"You alright over there?" Louis asked, finally gracing me with his attention.

I smirked slightly.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I told him.

We didn't say anything after that, just...both of us sort of awkwardly staring at the television. Until my cellphone broke the silence.

Glancing at the caller id, I smiled. Just the person I had been thinking about.

"Hello lovey." I cooed into the phone, a smile still stretched across my face.

Lou gave me a curious look but said nothing.

I heard Harry chuckling on the other end.

"Hello to you too. You certainly seem to be in a better mood." he joked.

I sighed.

"Look...I'm sorry about earlier. I was just...super tired, and a tad worried. I mean...you just left without telling me anything. I was...a little unsettled. I shouldn't have yelled at you the way I did."

"Hush love. It's fine. I should have told you." Harry said. I heard him take a quick breath before continuing.  

"I ah....was wondering...okay. Look. I talked to Liam...before you came home last night. You...weren't with him. Where were you? Please dont lie to me...Please Luce."

I looked over nervously at Lou before responding.

"I was at Lou's. He wanted to introduce me to his new girlfriend..."

Harry's breath hitched.

"Wait. You...you didn't do anything did you?"

I chuckled.

"No Harry. We didn't. I fell asleep watching Titanic. I should have just told you...So I'M sorry for not telling you the truth."

I heard him let out a relieved breath, and I could just picture the smile on his face.

"Me and Bells will be home in about 2 or 3 days, okay? My mother says hello."

"Give Bells a kiss for me, alright? Tell her I love her?"

"I will." Harry told me. "I'm gonna go now, alright? I love you."

"I love you too" I murmured, before hanging up, and then having Lou practically attack me.

"WHAT THE BLOODY HELL WAS THAT?!" he yelled at me.

I shrunk back, genuinely surprised.

"What?! I was fixing things with Harry! We got into an argument this morning..."

Louis looked down at me, angrily.

"I thought you wanted to actually be with me. If you did, why do you care so much about what happens with Harry?!"

I crossed my arms, looking away from him.

"Louis, this isn't right. You and me. What Harry did to me wasn't right, but it isnt fair for me to do something bad to get back at him."

"It isn't to get back at him! It's because I'm the one you care about! He left you and I didn't, and Im the one that deserves you! Not him!"

"Louis, you won't even give him a chance to prove himself! YOURE the one living in the past, holding onto every bad thing he did. He's here now. And he's trying to prove he's changed. And I'm trying to give him a chance. And you don't want to let him. I thought you two were friends."

He glared hard at me.

"If he was really friends with me, he wouldn't have gotten you pregnant in the first place, knowing how I felt about you."  

"Louis. I can't change the past. I can't, okay?! Harry and I made a mistake. But he and I, are growing up, and dealing with it. It's time you do the same."

Louis stood in front of me, his arms crosses, looking angry.  

"I know damn well that if it weren't for Harry right this second, you'd be with me. Don't even try to deny it." 

I took a steady breath. 

"If it werent for Harry right this second, Bella and I would be in America, and I'd still be dancing." 

Louis winced at that. 

Yes. I still danced for fun. But with Bella, I could never do dancing as a career like I used to. It was too time consuming. It would have never worked. 

"Why can't you just leave him? Lucy. People get divorced all the time. You and Harry, nobody would care if you did." he begged me. 

"I need to stay with him. For Bella. She needs a dad." 

"What about OUR baby?! What about that huh?! Because...if...if you don't tell Harry, I will. And when it's born, I'll MAKE you get a paternity test or whatever, to prove it. Because...I'm not letting it grow up thinking Harry's its father." 

I stared at him in shock. 

"You wouldn't." 

His gaze remained on me, but cold, not the gaze I was used to from Louis. 

"If its my only choice, then yeah. I would."