Hope Through Depression

Hope through depression.

Mental illness really sucks.

If you are like me and have been diagnosed with depression, it's tough.

Being depressed is exhausting and it steals all your hope. Lately I have been suicidal but somehow I have continued to keep going. I know it has been God that has helped me keep going. With depression, you just want to give up. We can't! God wants us to find our hope in Him. If we try to put our hope in our illness, we will never have hope. God wants to give us hope to keep going despite how depressed we are.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

Depression really sucks. Depression wants you to end it all. That's the Devil. The Devil wants you to end it all. But cannot let him win! We have God who can give us hope through depression. I am not saying you won't feel depressed, but with the hope of God, you can keep going. You can get better. "This too shall pass."

"Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.'" Mark 10:27

It may seem impossible but God says: IT IS POSSIBLE. You CAN and WILL get better. You have God and you will get through this depression. You can fight for recovery. You can have hope even when things feel hopeless. God is right here with you, holding your hand, telling you: "You can do this, don't give up." God loves you and He will give you hope. Just keep going. I know it's hard and it sucks. But just keep going. "God didn't bring you this far to leave you." We can have hope despite what our illness says.

Verses:

"'I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord. 'They are plans for good and not for disaster, plans to give you a hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11

"Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise Him again--my Savior and my God!" Psalm 42:11

"Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you." Psalm 25:4-5

"O Israel, hope in Lord; for with the Lord there is unfailing love. His redemption overflows." Psalm 130:7

Prayer:

Dear God,

Please help me have hope through depression. Help me fix my eyes on you, not depression. Help me to keep going even when I want to give up. Help me praise you through the storm. I thank you for all my many blessings.

In Jesus's name, Amen.

****

Hey everyone and welcome to my new book! I hope you enjoyed this! Thank you for reading! I love you so much :)

-xoxo Renae :)