Living With The Pain Of Mental Illness

Living with the pain of mental illness.

Living with mental illness, is painful. Sometimes I feel like: "this pain will never end!" I feel like the depression is unending, that I will never make it through this. The pain feels overwhelming, unbearable, and consuming. Sometimes, I just want to give up. I just want to end all my pain.

But,

That's not what God wants.

God wants us to keep going, to never give up. Even when mental illness whispers in your ear to give up. Don't listen! Keep going, no matter what! God doesn't want us to listen to our mental illness. He wants us to focus on Him. Fix our eyes on Him. Not the pain or the circumstances we are facing. He wants us to look to Him.

God is always going to be there for us. No matter how much pain we are feeling. He is right there. He will never leave us. He wants to help us, comfort us, love us, and be there for us. God loves us so much! He is bigger, greater, stronger than any mental illness, and the pain we are feeling. God is bigger than all that.

With God by our side, we can do ANYTHING! We can fight any battle, overcome any addiction, not give in to mental illness, and live with the pain of mental illness.

Living with the pain of mental illness, is tough. It's not going to be easy. But you can do it. Because you have God by your side. He believes in you and I believe in you. God loves you and I love you. We can do this, together.

Verses:

"Our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever." 2 Corinthians 4:17

"God will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever." Revelation 21:4

"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"I will be glad and rejoice in your unfailing love, for you have seen my troubles, and you care about the anguish of my soul." Psalm 31:7

Prayer:

Dear God,

Living with the pain of mental illness, is hard. I pray that I don't go through life on my own. I pray you come to me and be right by side me. Hold my hand as we walk through life, together. I pray you love me, comfort me, and help me. Please give me hope and strength to keep going even when I want to give up. Help me fix my eyes on you not the pain of mental illness. I thank you for all my many blessings. I praise you because you are so good to me.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen.

***

Hey guys! Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed! I love you!

-xoxo Renae :)