Loving Others

Loving others.

In this society, we are surrounded by hate. Society makes it seem okay when you hate someone because they don't vote the same way you do. When that's not what Jesus says at all! Jesus tells us in Luke 10:27: "He said, 'That you love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and muscle and intelligence--and that you love your neighbor as well as you do yourself.'"

God didn't say "hate your neighbor as yourself," He said: "love your neighbor as well as you do yourself." God calls each and every one of us to share His love. One of the best ways to show God's love is through kindness. Maybe instead of yelling at your waiter because it took forever to get your food, show them kindness. There is so many rude and hateful people in the world, as Christians we are called to love. Instead of yelling and being hateful to people, smile at them, and tell them to have a nice day.

You also don't have to hate someone because of their beliefs, you can disagree with them, and still love them. Instead of starting a war on Facebook, just scroll past, and pray for that person. I know my uncle loves to start Facebook war's about the government and what he believes in. I don't have to agree with him but I don't need to start a Facebook war with him. Instead I will pray he finds Jesus and show him kindness instead.

I challenge you today to show someone one random act of kindness: smile at someone instead of yelling at them, scroll past, and don't start Twitter wars. If you struggle with seeing others on Facebook and Instagram, get off of it! I am actually taking a break from Facebook and Instagram for my own mental health.

Let's show other God's love today by showing others kindness!❤️

Verses:

"He said, "That you love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and muscle and intelligence—and that you love your neighbor as well as you do yourself.""
‭Luke 10:27 ‬

"Jesus said, "The first in importance is, 'Listen, Israel: The Lord your God is one; so love the Lord God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence and energy.' And here is the second: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.' There is no other commandment that ranks with these.""
‭Mark 12:29-31 ‬

"We, though, are going to love—love and be loved. First we were loved, now we love. He loved us first."
‭1 John 4:19 ‬

""But remember the root command: Love one another."
‭John 15:17 ‬

"My dear, dear friends, if God loved us like this, we certainly ought to love each other. No one has seen God, ever. But if we love one another, God dwells deeply within us, and his love becomes complete in us—perfect love!"
‭1 John 4:11-12 ‬

Prayer:

Dear God,

I pray you help me show your love. Help me to be kind to everyone even if I don't agree with them. Help me to love others like you have told me to. Help me to be a light for you and help build your kingdom.

I thank you for all my many blessing and for Your Son.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Hey beautiful! I hope you are having a wonderful day! Thank you so much for reading! I love you so much❤️

-xoxo Caty❤️