Nightmares

Nightmares.

This topic is honestly something I still struggle with. Since I have been going back to therapy and talking about my abusive boyfriend. I have been having some terrible nightmares. But since this is something I have and still struggle with. I have found some tips and tricks to make it through when you are struggling with horrible nightmares.

1. Before you go to bed at night, do something fun and that makes you happy. Do something that puts you in a positive mindset before you go to bed.

Do something like: read a good book, watch a funny tv show, crochet, just do something that you enjoy and put you in a good mood. Don't do something like watch a horror movie right before you go to bed. You will go to bed thinking about that horror movie and probably have nightmares. But if you go to bed with a positive attitude and a smile on your face, you will less likely have nightmares.

2. While you are in bed or right before you go to bed: pray to God.

It's good to pray to God before you go to sleep. I know for me, it's hard to find time during the day to sit down and pray to God. So while I am in bed before I fall asleep, I talk to God. I tell Him about my day and just thank Him for all that He is doing. You can even tell God about your problems and struggles but try not to go to bed with your problems on your mind. Because remember point one: go to bed with a positive attitude so don't fall asleep with your problems on your mind. So pray to God before you go to bed then do something fun and then go to bed.

3. If you do have a nightmare and wake up scared. Tell yourself: "it's okay. God is with me. I am safe. It was just a dream."

Everytime I wake up with a nightmare, my cat Little is always right beside me. He sleeps with me at night. He can tell when I wake up with a nightmare. So Little always comes to me and cuddles with me before I fall back asleep. So if you don't have animal you can love on before you go back to sleep. Tell yourself: "It's okay. God is with me. I am safe. It was just a dream." Think about my cute kitty named Little if you have to. Just let yourself know you are okay and it was just a dream.

Verses:

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." Matthew 11:28

'The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.'

Psalms 23:1-6

Prayer:

Dear God,

I pray you help me be free from nightmares. I pray you give me peaceful sleep. I pray that even if I do have a nightmare that I go back to sleep with your peace and rest on my mind. Help me to go to bed with a positive attitude and learn to talk to you daily.

I thank you for all my many blessings and for Your Son.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Hey beautiful! I hope you enjoyed this! Just letting you know: I start back college tomorrow so I am going to be pretty busy so updates will be weekly or every few weeks. I will probably update on weekends. But to be honest, I don't know how my updates are going to be since I have a lot of classes now. So just a warning that I will be on here less. Don't worry, I won't forget about my amazing followers and readers! I love you all so much!❤️

-xoxo Caty❤️