Love Yourself

Love yourself.

In this society, we are always on our phones, and on social media. Comparing ourselves to others. "I wish I was as pretty as her. Look she got a new car, I want a new car!" We get so focused on how many likes and followers we get on Instagram. We forget to love and accept ourselves the way God loves and accepts us. Guess what? God loves us a lot. He wants us to love ourselves to.

I am not talking about being obsessed with yourself and being vain. I am talking about truly loving yourself for who you are. Loving the way you look, without makeup on. Loving who God made you. Because God thinks you are pretty amazing. He wants you to see yourself that way to.

Story time:

I have a lot of freckles, they cover my face. Ever since I was little, people have loved my freckles. But when I became a teenager, I started to hate them because they made me look younger. I am also short, which doesn't help my case. So now, here I am, 19 years old, and finally loving my freckles. Why do I love them now? Because they are a part of me. That's how God made me. It makes life so much better when you start loving yourself as you are and not trying to change it. Guess what? My freckles aren't going away anytime soon. Even in the summer, they get darker, and show up more. So I had to learn to love myself, just the way that God made me.

You can love yourself just the way that God made you. How? Acceptance.

Start to love them things about yourself that you hate. That scar you hide with makeup, don't hide it. That birth mark you hate, start to love it.

Learn to love everything about yourself. Because God made you this way and He won't want you any other way.

Is it hard to love yourself? Very, it's a journey. Just take the first step. Start saying in the mirror: "I am beautiful. I am loved. God loves me. I love myself."

Just remember that God loves you so much and wants you to be happy. If you really hate yourself, you are not going to be happy. So take a step down the road of loving yourself. I promise you, you won't regret it.

Verses:

"The sweet, fragrant curves of your body, the soft, spiced contours of your flesh Invite me, and I come. I stay until dawn breathes its light and night slips away. You're beautiful from head to toe, my dear love, beautiful beyond compare, absolutely flawless."
Song of Solomon 4:6‭-‬7 MSG

"He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed."
1 Peter 2:24 NIV

"My beloved spoke and said to me, "Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, come with me.
Song of Solomon 2:10 NIV

" No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:37‭-‬39 NIV

Prayer:

Dear God,

Help me learn to love myself the way you love me. Help me to just grow closer to you as I begin my journey of self love.
I thank you for Your Son and all my many blessings.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!❤️

***

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed this and happy Sunday! On the cover of this book, I have a new sticker. Because Jesus Saves Daily Devotions won a contest! Yay! So if you were wondering about that sticker, that's what it means!
I hope you have an amazing day!❤️
I love you so much!❤️

-xoxo Renae❤️