Identity

Identity.

In this society, your identity is put into numbers. The number of how much money you make, your weight, the number of how many friends you have, the number of how many likes you have on Instagram, and the number of followers you have on Instagram. But your identity isn't a number. Your identity is in God.

What is your identity in? Do you put your identity in God?

I know for the longest time, I put my identity in my mental illnesses. I defined myself by being depressed and overweight. I had to have a real "come to Jesus meeting" with myself. I needed to stop defining myself by being depressed and overweight. I had to put my identity in God.

No matter what you put your identity in. Whether it's your body, your weight, your illnesses, or anything else. You need to put your identity in God. And I promise you, putting your identity in God will make you feel SOO much better about yourself.

Once you put your identity in God. You will see what God thinks about you. You will see that God loves you, God cares for you, God knows you are beautiful, and so much more (You can read more of what God thinks of you in my chapter: "What God Calls You). You will realize that you are all those things and more. Because you are a Child of God.

How do you put your identity in God?

I am glad you asked! You pray to God and ask Him to help you put your identity in Him. Then you have to stop calling yourself by your old identity. You say: "NO! I am a Child of God! My identity is in Him, not this world!"

Let's put our identity in God! Let's see all the freedom, love, and joy we feel because we are Children of God ❤️

Verses:

I will be glad and rejoice in your unfailing love, for you have seen my troubles, and you care about the anguish of my soul." Psalm 31:7

"The Lord is compassionate and merciful, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love." Psalm 103:8

"How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!" Psalm 139:17-18

"So how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are!" 1 John 3:1

Prayer:

Dear God,

I pray that I let go of what I put my identity in. I pray that I put my identity in you. Help me let go of who I thought I us but realize who I am in you. Because in you, I have everything I could ever want. I thank you Lord for all my many blessings. I praise you because you are so good to me.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen.

**

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this! I hope you have a wonderful day. I love you so much :)

-xoxo Renae 💜💕