Love Yourself

Love Yourself.

Maybe right now, you are really struggling with negative thoughts about yourself. Maybe you feel ugly, worthless, useless, or hopeless. Maybe you really hate yourself. God is here for you today. He is grabbing your hand and telling you: "My Child, you are beautiful. I love you so much! I want you to love yourself."

In society, we are always hearing we are not skinny enough and we should look like the people in the magazines. But that's not what God is saying. He is saying that we are perfect just the way that He made us. He wants us to love ourselves because He created us that way. He doesn't want you hating your freckles just because society says you have a clear face. God gave you those freckles and want you to praise Him for the way He made you. (I have freckles so that is personally something I have struggled with)

God loves you so much and doesn't want you spending your life hating yourself. He wants you to be grateful and thankful for the way He created you. I saw this quote I really loved it, it said: "Don't you think God gets sad when we hate the stuff He made us with. God is saying: 'I worked so hard on creating you, why must you hate yourself? I worked on hard on you and I love you!'"

God loves you just the way you are. God created you the way you are supposed to be and He loves you that way! So why do we have to spend our lives hating ourselves for the way that God made us?

I challenge you to learn to love yourself this year. Spend time thinking about and writing the things that you love about yourself (or things you want to love about yourself.) Think about your talents and how God gave you those talents for a purpose. Use your talents and gifts for God's kingdom. It all starts with loving yourself.

You are:

You are beautiful. (Psalm 45:11)

You are unique. (Psalm 139:13)

You are loved. (Jeremiah 31:3)

You are special. (Ephesians 2:10)

You are created with a purpose. (Jeremiah 29:11)

You are cared for. (Ephesians 3:17-19)

You are lovely. (Daniel 12:3)

You are precious. ( 1 Corinthians 6:20)

You are strong. (Psalm 18:35)

You are important. (1 Peter 2:9)

You are forgiven. ( Psalm 103:12)

You are protected. (Psalm 121:3)

You are chosen. (John 15:16)

You are mine. (Isaiah 43:1)

Verses:

"I will be glad and rejoice in your unfailing love, for you have seen my troubles, and you care about the anguish of my soul." Psalm 31:7

"The Lord is compassionate and merciful, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love." Psalm 103:8

"How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!" Psalm 139:17-18

"See how much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are!" 1 John 3:1

Prayer:

Dear God,

Help me learn to love myself for the way that you created me. Even the things I don't like about myself, help me learn to love them because you love the way you created me. I thank you for all my gifts and talents and help me use them for your kingdom. I thank you for the way that you created me. Help me learn to love myself like the way that you love me. I thank you for your never ending and never failing love.

I thank you for all my many blessings and for Your Son.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Hey beautiful! I hope you enjoyed this! I am starting a new series on here called: "Loved." The first of the series is: "Love Yourself," then: "Love Others," and lastly: "God's Love." I hope you enjoy it! I hope you have a blessed day! Thank you so much for reading and I love you so much!❤️

-xoxo Caty❤️