Thankfulness

Thankfulness.

Maybe you are like me and you are struggling with being thankful. Maybe one of your loved one's is sick, you are going through rough circumstances, or you just lost all your sense of joy. No matter what you are going through: you can fix your eyes on Jesus and find many things to be thankful for.

Lately I haven't been thankful due to my physical pain. It's been hard for me to really praise God and fix my eyes on God because I am in so much pain. I know it's just an excuse to not be thankful but I am working on it. So I am writing this devotional for you and myself because I need to be thankful, praise God, and fix my eyes on Him.

Once we fix our eyes on God we can find so many reasons to be thankful. Here are some:

1. Jesus died on the cross FOR US because He loved us so much!

2. We don't have to die a painful death because Jesus died for us and our sins.

3. We get to go to heaven because of Jesus!

4. God freely gives us: joy, love, rest, peace, freedom, grace, healing, happiness, and so much more.

5. God is always there for us.

6. There is nothing we can do that will separate us from God's love. (Romans 8:38-39)

7. God is always waiting for us to come into His loving, healing, comforting, encouraging, and loving arms.

8. We can freely talk to God anytime we want because of Jesus.

Those are just some of the many reasons to be thankful because once we lift our eyes off our problems and focus on Jesus, we can find even more reasons to be thankful. How? Just start praying to be thankful, joyful, and to fix your eyes on Jesus. Start writing down things you are thankful for.

Let's fix our eyes on Jesus and starting being thankful!❤️

Verses:

"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe." Hebrews 12:28

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name." Psalm 100:4

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in heavenly places in Christ." Ephesians 1:3

"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful, and thankful." Colossians 4:2

Prayer:

Dear God,

Help me fix my eyes on you and praise you. Help me look above my circumstances and praise you. Because you are so good to me and I have so many reason to be thankful. So, thank you Lord. Thank you for all my many blessings. Help me never to forget how blessed I am. Thank you God.

In Jesus's name, Amen.

***

Hey beautiful! I hope you enjoyed this! I hope you have an amazing day❤️

I love you so much and thank you for reading❤️

-xoxo Caty❤️