Fighting The Real Enemy

Fighting the real enemy.

Maybe right now, you are really struggling. Whether it's spiritually, mentally, or physically. Right now, we are in a war, a spiritual war with The Devil. It's time we learn how to fight and who the real enemy is!

I have been reading this book called: "Fervent" by Priscilla Shirer. It is amazing! You should totally read it. I am basing this devotional off one of the chapters in the book. Let's learn to fight the real enemy: The Devil.

Maybe lately, you feel like your real enemy is your husband, your teenager, your child, your parents, or even God. You may feel angry and upset at God. But God is not the reason terrible things are happening to you. No, the real enemy is The Devil and The Devil will do everything in his power to make you think that it is God's fault, when it's not.

Nothing bad comes from God. All the struggles and problems you are having, are not from God. All the stress, angry, fear, and sadness comes from The Devil. HE is the real enemy! HE is who we should be mad at! Not God, all good things come from God. The Devil is the one attacking you and putting bad thoughts in your mind. The Devil will hit you where it hits. Lately The Devil has been hitting me with depression, fear, and pain. But no longer! Let's fight The Devil and put him in his place: hell!

Now that we know who the real enemy is, how do we fight him? We fight Him with focused and strategic prayer. Prayer is our weapon against The Devil. I have started a prayer journal where I write prayers directly related to my circumstances. With prayer we can conquer Satan's lies and fight him with God's truth. By praying and reading our Bible, we can put Satan where he belongs: hell!

Let's focus on the real enemy: Satan. Let's fight him with focused and strategic prayer! With God on our side, we can do anything!

Verses:

"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life." Philippians 4:6

"Here's what I want you to do: Find a quiet, secluded place so you won't be tempted to role-play before God. Just be there as simply and honestly as you can manage. The focus will shift from you to God, and you will begin to sense his grace." Matthew 6:6

"Since prayer is at the bottom of all this, what I want mostly is for men to pray—not shaking angry fists at enemies but raising holy hands to God. And I want women to get in there with the men in humility before God, not primping before a mirror or chasing the latest fashions but doing something beautiful for God and becoming beautiful doing it." 1 Timothy 2: 8-10

Prayer:

Dear God,

Help me focus on who the real enemy is: The Devil. Please grab my hand and help me fight him with you by my side. Help me use focused and strategic prayer to fight Satan. Because with you by my side God, I know I can do anything!

I thank you for Your Son and all my many blessings.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Hey beautiful! I hope you are having a wonderful day! Thank you so much for reading! I love you so much❤️

-xoxo Caty❤️