Thankfulness

Thankfulness.

Sometimes when are dealing with our mental illness, being thankful is last thing on our mind. Lately I have been so depressed. All I have been thinking of is how to keep going, not praising God. It's hard to remember to praise God when we are so depressed or struggling with any mental illness.

So how do we be thankful when we are struggling with mental illness?

We fix our eyes on God, not mental illness.

When we fix our eyes on God, we get to see all His love and goodness. We focus on how we are going to get through this. That God is greater, bigger, and stronger than any mental illness. We finally have hope again. Because with God, there is always hope. We can make it through ANYTHING with God on our side.

When we fix our eyes on God, we see all the many reasons to be thankful. We are alive. We have medicines to help us with our illness. We have a house, running water, food on our table, clothes to wear, and Jesus who died on the cross for us. When we look to Jesus and the cross, we can always be thankful. Because we have a loving Savior, who died on the cross for our sins, and He rose again. Because of Jesus, we can saved, and go to heaven. Because of Jesus, we can always be thankful, no matter what mental illness tells us. Because of Jesus, we are free!

I don't know what you are going through. But I do know, we have an amazing God. Who loves you very much. He loves you so much, He sent His one and only Son to died on the cross FOR YOU. Now, we can always be thankful.

I know struggling with any mental illness, is tough. But I know you can do it. Just keep going. Just know that God is right beside you. He is holding your hand. Telling you: "Just keep going. I am right here. Let's go through this, together." God loves you. I love you. God believes in you. I believe in you. So, let's do this. Let's show mental illness who's boss. Let's show mental illness that we have an amazing God. That in Him, we can always be thankful.

Verses:

"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe." Hebrews 12:28

"Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!" 2 Corinthians 9:15

"The Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:25

"You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence." Acts 2:28

"He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord." Psalm 40:3

Prayer:

Dear God,

I pray that you help me fix my eyes upon you, not mental illness. Help me always be thankful, no matter what struggles I am going through. I pray that I hold your hand and go through life with you by my side. Help me be close to you. I thank you for all my many blessings, your Son, your love, your forgiveness, and for always be there for me. I praise you because you are so good to me.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen.

***

I hope you guys enjoyed! I love you so much!

-xoxo Renae :)