How To Have A Real, Personal, And Close Relationship With God

How to have a real, close, and personal relationship with God.

Maybe right now, you are really struggling with your relationship with God. Maybe you haven't been close with Him in years. Maybe you are mad and upset at Him. No matter how you feel towards God: He still loves you. He still wants a close, real, and personal relationship with Him. No matter where your relationship with God has been, you can always change and build a real relationship with Him.

Here are my tricks and tips:

1. Pray EVERYDAY and when you pray, be real with God. Tell Him how you truly feel.

One thing that I learned the hard way was not be fake with God. If you are mad and upset at God, tell Him that! He already knows how you feel towards Him, so just be real with Him. Tell Him how you truly feel. Remember to build any relationship you have to talk with that person, so spend time everyday talking to God.

2. Read your Bible everyday (I know it's hard to find time to read your Bible everyday but please try), spend time in the word, and getting to know God.

Honestly, I don't read my Bible everyday. But I know that is something I need to work on. Because I have plenty of time to look on social media. So, let's start reading our Bible everyday. Set a reminder on your phone if you have to, the Bible app can remind you to read the word. If you want a relationship with anyone, you spend time with them, and get to know them. We need to cut back our social media time and start spending time in the word. (I will do it with you!)

3. Go to church (if you physically or mentally can't watch church sermons online)

What really helped me build my relationship with God is going to church. I found a church that I loved and joined the worship team. But lately I have been physically unable to go to church and my church lets you watch the sermon online. So don't feel bad if you physically or mentally can't go to church, just start watching sermons online. If you can go to church, get involved. Join the worship team (if you can do music), join a life group, and just involved. But if you can't go to church, don't feel bad. Just keep praying, reading your Bible, and watching sermons online.

4. Remember: having a real, close, and personal relationship with God is all up to YOU! YOU have to spend time talking with God and being real with Him. YOU have to spend time reading your Bible and getting to know Him. YOU have to go to church and watch sermons online. It's all up to YOU!

Building a close, real, and personal relationship with God isn't easy. It takes you spending your time and your effort working on this relationship. YOU have to put in the work. I can't do it for you. YOU have to want a relationship with Him badly enough to put the work in. But once you do put the work in, I PROMISE YOU having a good relationship with Him is worth it. I PROMISE YOU spending time with God is never wasted.

So what are you waiting for?! Go run to God and start building a good relationship with Him TODAY!❤️

Verses:

"Come near to God and He will come near to you." James 4:8

  "Moses instructed Aaron: "Tell the whole company of Israel: 'Come near to God. He's heard your complaints.'" Exodus 16:9

"And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Acts 2:21

"To know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:19

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

Prayer:

Dear God,

Help me as I start to pray everyday, spend time in the word, and go to church or watch sermons online. Help me as I do all those things, that I build a close, real, and personal relationship with you. Help me just to grab your hand and walk through life with you by my side.

I thank you for all my many blessings and Your Son.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Hey beautiful! I hope you are having a wonderful day. Thank you so much for reading! I love you so much❤️

-xoxo Caty❤️