1

"Shhhh.. It's going to be ok saskue , just get behind me " I tried to sound as calm as i could but Saskue was hysterical , He just witnessed his brother murder his parents in cold blood . I wanted Saskue o feel safe with me , i wanted to let him know he is ok . But i wasn't convinced myself . I knew Itachi's strength . I knew i could never fully take him on . But i knew i had to try .

Saskue had passed out due to the shock . I took my gaze off him and looked back at Itachi . Pulling out  my kunai and holding it tightly in front of me.

"You dont have to do this Itachi " I begged . Hoping as his fiance i could tap into in his heart . Although i knew if his parents couldn't I stood no chance . 

Without saying a word Itachi lunges at me with his sword . The sounds of my kunai blocking the swords attack was all i could hear . 

activating my Sharingan I gave myself somewhat of a fighting chance . Dodging and blocking his attacks . He is really trying to kill me . Just this morning everything was perfect . We were planning our wedding . Telling me what he hopes my dress would look like . We decided on the flowers and main course . what changed in a matter of hours ? The man who could't stop smiling when he saw me to this man trying to shove his sword in my heart with no type of emotion ..expression .. or even remorse . 

I started to grow weaker as i started to realize that this was going to be the end of me . I'm sorry saskue . I tried to save you . 

Itachi surprises me wit the end of his sword going straight to my face , knocking me to the ground . Spitting blood i tried to stand but my knees weren't strong enough . maybe it was my will to live . I stood on my knees , ready to accept my fate . 

I look at my fiance's cold eyes . 

"So this is it huh ?" tears ran down my cheek .. "your just going to kill me ?"

God my heart hurt so much! 

My words didn't affect him. He stood there holding his sword watching me sob . 

He points his sword to me . 

" Do it you coward .. KILL ME ALREADY !" i shouted , " I'm already dead inside "

weakly , i managed to stand up . 

He pointed his blade to my stomach and stopped .. Looking at me straight in my eyes .

" hate me " He said in a monotone voice . 

I wanted to hate him. I wanted to hate him with everything i had in me , but the truth is i couldn't. This man held my heart since we were children . He was my first everything . The only love i knew . The only love and lover i've ever had .  The moment i saw him I knew  i was meant to be his . We were like magnets from the very beginning . 

My thoughts were interrupted by the tip of his blade piercing through my skin . 

"mmphh" I gagged in pain . grabbing my stomach when he took his blade out . 

I laid back on the floor and watched him raise his head to the ceiling . Breathing in deeply . 

Is he feeling remorse finally ? 

" I ... loved you . " i said softly but loud enough for him to hear , 

"You shouldn't have ." he answered . 

My vision became blurry.. he walks closer to me and kicks me in the face knocking me out . 

I woke up dripping sweat , gasping for air . I looked around my plainly decorated room . 

Another nightmare . I looked down at the scar on my stomach. Lightly tracing over the constant reminder of what happened that night .  I always get choked up when i think about it . Saskue and I were the only survivors . When the leaf took us in they allowed me to care for sakue for about a year or so . But neither of us were the same anymore . Honestly , all it did was remind us of what happened that night . He decided to care for himself and move out .  Our lives had been a mess since then . 

Unlike saskue I tried to move on with my life . I joined the Anbu , Its been a few years and i genuinely enjoy it . It keeps me busy . 

I walk over to my dresser and hold the engagement ring Itachi used to propose to me . Things use to be so simple . 

" (y/n) .. " Yugao stood at my window . "get dressed , Its an emergency ."

"What is it , " I asked . judging by her face i can tell it wasn't good, 

"Akatsuki attacked Jiraiya and 2 boys from Team 7 in a nearby village . We're to scout the area and capture any if seen..ibiki wants us to bring them in alive . " 

"Im on the assassination team .. This has nothing to do with me " I told her a bit confused , 

" I asked donzo to put you on this mission . " she took a seat on my bed giving me a concerning look . 

" why would you do that ?"

"Saskue is on team 7 ." she answered . 

my eyes grew wide , 

"Is he ok?" I asked 

"(y/n) .. theres something i have to tell you . " she looked at me with sad puppy dog eyes 

"Is he ok " i repeated myself . Saskue and i might have distanced ourselves from each other due to personal feelings but i still care for him . After all . We're the last Uchiha's left . We're all we got .. Even if he doesn't think so . 

"It was Itachi ."

Her words rung in my ear ...My world completely stopped spinning , 

"w-what ?" i stuttered . 

"Itachi attacked them, They were after the jinchuuriki ..but he gave saskue a good beating . "

"and the akatsuki is still in the village ?" i asked eagerly .. I needed to see itachi. I needed answers , Why didn't he kill us ..why did he do it .. Did i ever really mean anything ..

"No one left the village , they're there hiding ."

"Lets go " I said  . I got dressed quickly. my heart was beating so fast i had to pause for a breather .. I had to try to calm myself down . 

yugao had been my only friend since i came into this village . I opened up to her about it all. She knew everything about itachi and I .. 

"(Y/n) .. One step at a time . I wont leave your side.. I promise . "