71

I walked around the somewhat built village. Going to where my old apartment was. I started to dig through the rubble. After what seemed to be an hour i finally found the little black box. Ive been debating wether i should just let it be or torture myself with whats inside.

Of course I'm going to torture myself. I don't listen to my better judgments.

I slowly opened revealing the many pictures he saved. I quickly tore up the images of Izumi. Sorry girl. But lets face it . I didn't like you and you didn't like me.

I even found an old picture of Shisui me and Itachi eating ramen in the village outside the compound. I smiled at the memory .

Putting the pictures away i went for the letter

Putting the pictures away i went for the letter . Finally i had courage to open the letter. Liquid courage..but courage nonetheless.

I laughed at the amount of scratched off sentences there were on the paper. A well spoken man couldn't properly write vows?

The letter read :

Y/n ..  I wish i could describe the exact feeling i have knowing that you chose forever with me. But the words to perfectly see fit just doesn't exist. You had made me feel more loved than i thought possible. Without you I am like an Uchiha incapable of using his eyes.. Worthless. Today i am here to give you all that i am . And every part of me. *give her a wink*  As long as i am alive .. you will always be loved.  I cant wait to grow old with my best friend."

I held the letter close to my heart and smiled ear to ear. If only i could hear him say this.

Oddly enough I didn't cry. Seeing him briefly in the after life gave me a bit of closure. But this letter.. his vows.. I'm saving this forever. I placed it back in the box.

"Gathering some personal items?" Kakashi asked from behind. He walks over to my broken drawer and digs out my engagement ring. Placing it in the open box he starts picking up some old pictures that were in broken frames. "Anything specific?" He asked.

I closed the box and stood up. " would you look at that. A stray dog. I'll be sure to post flyers to make sure your owner finds you."

"Does this mean your taking me with you ?" He grinned to join in the sarcasm.

"Not a chance." I sighed "why are you here?"

"Look.. I've been around longer than you have, kid. And I've seen my share of troubles. You're not the only one who knows what it's like to lose somebody. It looks like neither of us has led a charming life, have we? Still, it's not that bad. At least you and I have been lucky enough to find new comrades to help fill the void." He said

"Kid? Really." I said feeling annoyed.

"Out of all of that kid is all you heard?" He rolled his eyes. "You took the shot. You still love me."

I gave him a dramatic look "I was drinking the shot either way. There's no point on wasting alcohol."

"Enough with the dramatics. Y/n. Tell me you love me, so i can say it back and carry you back to my place and fuck the frustration out of each other." His tone was so serious . He meant every single word.  As if i would drop ino his arms just like that...

Ok I would've .. had this girl not been in the equation.. but she is and my answer is no... almost yes but no..

"Are you forgetting your little girlfriend? Kakashi..."i whined "leave me alone already. Pleasseee"

"She isn't my girlfriend. She's someone thats just around."

" then go to her. She's the only one who wants you right now"

"Shall we bet on that with another round of never have i ever?" He pulled out one of my bottles that didnt break during the attack.

"I'm already drunk."

"Are you scared?" He teased

"You wish." I hate my competitiveness sometimes but i need to set him straight.

so i started off . "Never have i ever stalked someone when they wanted to be alone."

"Touché" he grabbed the bottle and took a shot.

"Never have i ever sent out mixed signals "

"You know you did that too."  I reminded him.

"I know. But i want to get drunk too." He smirked.

"Never have i ever killed a comrade" i hit him with that again.

After his shot he said "there's a story behind that... our friend was crushed by a rock. Rin and I found ourselves surrounded.. she jumped in front of my chidori.."

" you didn't purposely?" I felt kind of bad for him.

"No. Truth be told .. I loved her. You remind me of her.. a little more mean though but thats the uchiha in you."

"Your the second person to tell me i reminded them of someone they loved."

"It's a compliment " he responded.

"Thank you. I think"

"New game. Truth or dare. If you dont want to speak the truth or do the dare then you have to take a shot." He said.

I sighed. "Fine. I start. Truth or dare ."

"Dare"

"I dare you to let me go home now." I smiled. He smiled back and took a shot..

"No can do." He laughed."truth or dare."

"Dare" i said. Instantly regretting my choice.

"I dare you to kiss me."

"I'll take the shot." I responded. He looked over at the bottle and knocked it over on purpose..

"Oops.. i guess there's no more alternatives. Gotta go through with the dare."

You smart bastard..

I couldn't help but blush at how hard he's trying. Me blushing caused him to blush. I hate how easily we fall into affection.

"That's called cheating" I laughed.

He scratched the top of his head "So is that a no?"I started to walk away wanting to leave his question unanswered

I started to walk away wanting to leave his question unanswered.
I looked at him and smiled.

"I don't know yet"

Why is it so hard to be angry with you when you go to these lengths?