55

KAKASHI POV

For the most part the hide out was empty. I was starting to fear that I was too late once again.

I slowly crept up to the corner of the hall way. I heard two guys mumbling. I took a peek and seen it was itachi and his partner.

"We can't just leave her here. She can still be useful. " itachi said

" useful or not we don't need her. Kill her or let her die by her wounds. " kisame instructed. " I'm going "

"I'll meet up with you. I have to grab something from my room" itachi called out to him.

As kisame was was out of sight itachi finally spoke again.

"Kakashi. It's been some time."

I charged at him full force sending us both to the floor with weapons on the others neck.

"Where is she !" I demand pushing my kunai against his skin harder

"I don't think u understand there's a blade to your neck as well.... " Itachi paused and let out a small chuckle . " Ahh. This must be a clone. Of course. why else would you charge at me so foolishly ."

The clone proofed  to smoke and I walk around the corner. "Answer me "

Itachi gets on his feet and dusts himself off. " y/n is alive for now. She has  some injuries she could die from if infected so I suggest taking your focus off of me and put it on her."

"What the hell did you guys do to her !." I shouted angrily. blood boiled praying they didn't touched y/n

"Enough with the charade kakashi. We worked closely together as I was under you during my time with the anbu. I know for a fact you were informed of my private mission and why you guys were not to report there that night as well as why i would no longer be on your team."

" your no longer the same itachi i trained. I don't know who you are right now " i reminded.

"That couldn't be helped. It comes with my new position. I keep them distant from the village and I get the code to the barriers to check on my fiancé and brother. You know this as well"

"We can't be too sure with you. i've gotten the report that your losing your mind to the power of the mangekyou."

"I see you remain updated on my status. very well , I stand before you as myself. You needn't worry but do as you please. Anyways. Y/n was brought in for questioning. my boss had me interrogate her and torture her as well it wasn't easy but to keep my loyalty hidden I had to oblige. She won't bleed out but as I mentioned earlier. She needs her wounds cleaned before infections take place. "

"I don't need to worry ? " I asked curiously. " You're losing your mind Itachi, you are no longer one of us . As far as i'm concerned you're not too far off from killing her without a single ounce of remorse."

"Whats your point kakashi? She is still here on the floor passed out from the pain she endured but your worried about pointless chit chat? From where i stand it seems like her psychotic ex fiance cares more about her life than her current lover."

"How do i know i can trust you ? that you wont try to kill me once my back is turned with y/n in my arms?"

"You can't trust me. Don't tell me civilian life has turned you stupid. "Itachi sighed, " Your life means nothing to me kakashi. I don't benefit from your existence nor do i benefit from your death. "

" but you care about hers?" I kept my hand on my kunai . I cant trust Itachi. He was brutal and heartless as a child in the right mind . I can only imagine now.

"Save her or leave her to die , no matter. I have to gather some of my things before i go . So if you want a battle get it over with. If not then get out of my way and get her off my floor. " Itachi said coldly.

"This doesn't make us friends" I warned him.

Itachi giggled . he was truly amused by what i said "You're sleeping with the love of my life kakashi.. What makes you think i would ever consider being your friend?"

Touché.

 itachi turned around and took a few steps and stopped. "By the way , You'll never take my place . " he looks in the room where y/n laid on the floor unconscious " but your a good second."  

"